Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It's HOT, so what else is new

We've set some records here, for the Hottest July 11th, 12th in history for our fair city and probably the 13th too.
It's too hot to do anything outside.
It's too hot to do much inside - even with the aircon on. I keep it at a nice comfortable 77 during the day, so as not to tax our poor wavering power supply. The hydro company is asking people to conserve energy. I need to have some energy first before I start conserving it. I take that as my excuse to sit around not working, not cooking, and definitely not cleaning up.
Consequently the place is a bit of a mess, but I'm too hot to care. Filled the kiddy pool up yesterday morning with cold water - By the afternoon, it was hot, and I don't mean just warm, but hot - I had to add more cold water before letting Joey swim in it. He loved it though.
My thermometer outside reached it's maximum of 50C degrees (120F) Official Humidex was 42 degrees for Toronto but it was cloudy, and since I'm just east of Toronto, we had sunshine all day, and I'm sure it was that much hotter in the area surrounding my house! Also, nary a drop of rain in sight - We've had about a thimble full in the last month. Officially a drought!
Got a hairclipper so we could give the boys some summer haircuts! They look dashing. I was sad about cutting most of the blond off, leaving his hair so much darker, but I'm sure it will lighten up in the sun. How vain of me, but I really do love having my blond little boys.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

The only benefit to this extreme heat is that it makes the kids sleepy. They lounge about all day, go out for short periods to dip in the pool and then come back in for relief. Hard to get into trouble when it's this hot :)
Today all 3 of these boys slept in until 10am! One by one they awoke, with my sleepy boy Matthew trailing downstairs finally at 11:45, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. I put Joey in the high chair this morning with his cheerios, and by the time Matthew finally made it downstairs, Joey had fallen asleep in his chair, slumped over like a rag doll, Blissfully snoring away. Baby snores are cute. Adult snores are not. He's teething, so he's stuffed up, feverish, and this weather doesn't help much.
I'm still awaiting my new laptop, hence the limited updates on this blog. Sorry my faithful readers - I'll try to get on more often.
The joe-ster is STILL not walking. In fact, after those first wobbly independent steps, he hasn't really tried to do it again. He occasionally tries one step, then plops on his diaper padded bum and figures, why bother when I can crawl, I'll try again tomorrow. None of this repeated attempts for him - No, I think I have another perfectionist on my hands - who must get things right the first time, or not bother at all. Duncan was 17 months before he walked. I will be honest though, and say that I like him not walking right now. once he stops crawling, that will be the end of babyhood in our home.
Ah it's been a good run. On to the next stage!!

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

They are simply TOO gorgeous for their own good!!!

I love those boys!!!

Hugs

Julie

Julie Q said...

They are adorable Jenn. :)

Julie

The other me said...

Can Duncan come over and hose me down, it SO hot here and we don't have A/C at all....Can Matthew come over and show me what to do with chocolate syrup because we have never had any ( oh I lie, G/pa sent some incredible hulk stuff, 4 bottles that gave them all green pooh...ha Matthew bet you coulda had fun with that matery!!) and can Joey come over because I could just bite those chubbly bits and squeeze him nearly too hard and then I would be just fine thankyou! Oh and can you come over and just make me laugh? thankyou, see you soon x