No, this isn't the gushing post where I go on about my sweet baby boy, turning 3 - that'll be later on tonight when I show a bunch of pictures, and blither on about all his good and charming qualities and what a big boy he's become...
But for now, I must relate a little story.
I was sitting here on the couch when I first smelled it. It wasn't a horrible smell, in fact it was almost pleasant - but it was unusual, therefore it meant trouble. I did a quick kid head count of the little ones sprawled out in front of me..... one, two.....Dang, one missing. I knew which one it was too - because only one has a preoccupation with getting into things that 'smell' - good or bad it doesn't matter - Matthew likes to make full use of his olfactory senses and when he finds something that stimulates it, he tends to go a little overboard.
This is why I think kids are expensive. Matthew loves soap and bubbles and particularly Aveeno baby wash - which I buy because I love smelling my babies when they are bathed and sleepy and cuddled up in my arms. At nearly 8 bucks a bottle, it's pricey but it does smell so wonderful. Matthew thinks so too, as he's had a number of 8$ baths in which he has emptied a brand new bottle into the tub, much to my dismay.
Since his last expensive bath was on Saturday night, and I hadn't gotten around to buying a new bottle, I guess he had to resort to finding something else to sniff.
the scent when it reached me was vaguely familiar - not perfume, but definitely something scented - something to cover up other scents actually. For my darling birthday boy had emptied an entire package/can/bottle whatever you call it of Odor Eaters Foot Powder, all over the dining room, living room, front hall and a little bit in the kitchen. Thankfully he had run through it and left little footprints in the powder - so his feet are wonderfully fresh, since I bought it for his stinky shoes in the firstplace. I was hoping that the nearly 10$ I spent on it would last longer than a week and that I'd get to powder his running shoes more than 3 times, but such is life.
Drag out the vacuum cleaner, At least i don't have stinky carpets - they are really quite refreshing now, and Matthew's stinky feet are not offensive today, having been doused thoroughly in powder. He didn't get punished for it today, as it's his birthday. Way to go Matthew - you got away with one! I am however 28$ poorer this weekend with nothing to show for it - 8$ for an expensive bath, 10$ for the odor eater carpet treatment, and 10$ worth of balloons that he breaks with a fork because he thinks it's funny.
I'm waiting for him to go to bed, so I can see that angelic sleeping face and then I'll be more motivated to write about the wonderous day that Matthew came into our lives. For now he's sitting half naked on the couch eating cheesies, face smeared with cake batter (that he helped me bake the cake by licking the bowl) and watching Dora. Bedtime is only 1 hour away!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment