Very rarely can I say that I'm bored, but tonight I am.
the baby is asleep.
the boys are relatively quiet, in a room together, supposed to be sleeping, even though I know they are up there giggling with the lights burning bright. It's Friday night, so I'll let them - they'll sleep in tomorrow when I want to sleep in too.
So what to do, what to do.....
I finished my book - The DaVinci Code. Read it in 2 days. Couldn't put it down. I was disappointed in the ending. Or maybe I just didn't "get it". I'll have to ask my husband to read it and explain it to my poor tired mummy brain.
I have nothing to read - because My dang Harry Potter book STILL has not arrived. It's been 2 weeks now.
Answer me this: How come the USPS can get stuff across the whole United States in 2 days, and Canada Post can also get stuff from Halifax to Vancouver in 2 days, yet to get ANYTHING from the US to Canada, or vice-versa takes FREAKIN' FOREVER????
I mean is it really so difficult to have a bunch of mail earmarked for Canada actually arrive IN Canada in a few days? Does it just sit on the imaginary border waiting for a week or more? My parents sent me a postcard from Florida, and they got back before the postcard did. AND THEY DROVE!!! This is pathetically bad mail service, for which I don't think we are getting our money's worth. Admittedly, I could have had the book in 3 days - IF I WANTED TO PAY 25 %$%$^%^$$%$ DOLLARS for it! Thats right
the almighty Barnes and Noble wanted us to pay 25 USdollars to ship an 18dollar book. Highway Robbery! Of course at least I'd have my book......now I'm sitting here waiting for either the USPS or Canada post - or both - to get off their duffs and deliver my book. C'mon, how hard is it to coordinate two independently well working systems into one smooth timely delivery? I'm angry about that.
What else is new? Oh yeah, I've decided to put my 4 yr old back in pullups for nighttime. Who was I kidding that he was night trained? One drink before bedtime, and mr. sound sleeper is soaked in the morning. After nearly a year of him being dry in the mornings only about 60% of the time, I've finally gotten tired of washing his sheets and jammies twice a week and put him back in pullups. It's odd to see him in pullups. He is taller now, and has the body of a little boy, not a toddler. I let him pick out the pullups he wanted, and of course he shunned Elmo for Dora, so my boy is prancing about in pink Dora pullups, but at least he's dry in the morning.
Ah, I'm no longer bored. It's only taken me an HOUR to compose this post because I've been jumping up and trying to get the boys to be quiet, and finally ended up separating them into their own rooms. They have both learned the art of procrastination - lucky them they inherited the P gene from both sides, and they are masters of the art let me tell you.
procratinators, and very very persuasive; as in, I have to pee so therefore, I can spend as much time as I jolly well like, so long as I am in the bathroom, sitting on the loo. Much better than laying down and closing my eyes. Plus they get my full undivided attention as I become a captive audience, watching them empty their bladders and more, not daring to leave them alone in the bathroom for any length of time, lest they get creative with liquid soap, toilet paper or something else.
Speaking of which, one of them must have been creative earlier today since the toilet doesn't flush properly. Goodness knows what is stuck in there, or whats been flushed. I'm afraid it might be the razor that Matthew flushed a few days ago down our bathroom, which is now caught somewhere in the system, preventing their bathroom toilet from flushing.
When I say he flushed a razor, I mean the WHOLE disposable razor, not just the blade - but the whole dang thing. A pink one. Brand new, I hadn't even used it, so in addition to a toilet that doesn't flush, I have gorilla legs and I'm not happy about it at all.
As I finish this post, i am at least relieved that son #3 is still sleeping, and son #1 is probably asleep by now, and son #2 is happily banging his head against the door in rhythmic fashion, meaning he's on his way to lights out, if he doesn't knock himself senseless first....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know, I just can't find the right words to tell you how funny this post is. Girl it sounds like life is never still for you. And goodness the next time you want a book from here just let me know and I'll ship it to you, lord knows it would get there faster if sent from a private person. I used to send chocolates to my BF in Surrey and it took five days for her to get them and I only live in California.
paradisemommy
I figured the boredom wouldn't last long :) Glad to hear things are back to normal :)
Have a GREAT time at the cottage... gonna miss you tons!
Hugs
Julie
Post a Comment