Received a letter today from Kinark child and family services.
No report from his assessment from June, but a nice little rejection into the Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) program.
We acknowledge and confirm that your child has received a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder from an outside agency. However as per the Ministry guidelines the IBI program is intended for children with autism or a disorder which would be considered toward the more severe end of the autism spectrum disorder. The information available from Matthew's screening assessment confirms that he does not meet eligibility criteria for the CEPAS IBI program
this should be good news right? He obviously isn't severe enough to be needing their program.
So why do I feel now like we are alone in getting him help?
He's still 7 months behind. He's still going to need help in school.
Next assessment is August 23rd. This will be his fourth official assessment, and will be with the same Doctor that gave us his original assessment 7 months ago. I am anxious to hear what she has to say, as she has the opinion that I hold in the highest regard as she is a certified medical doctor (not a therapist) who has training in this particular area, and is in fact the medical director for the entire Grandview facility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I guess I kinda feel the same way as you guys must Jenn. It's great that they feel he is functioning high enough to not qualify for their services...but like you said, he's still going to need help.
What about a private therapist Jenn? Or Leaps and Bounds? Unfortunately, I'm not sure where else to point you for funding though...Let me ask a couple people and see if I can come up with some ideas for you.
HUGS!
~Lisa~
Post a Comment