Thursday, July 28, 2005

Feel the pain - it's good it's good

I joined the Running Room.
My first run was last night.
Consequently, today my legs are a quivering mass of jello and every bone in my body aches.
Did I over do it? Hardly - we ran for 24 minutes, 5 minutes running 1 minute walking - repeated 4 times.
One would think that running after my boys, that I'd be in better shape.
The instructor told us that we should run at a slow pace, and be able to talk throughout, which I managed to do, but only because the girl I was pacing was a chatterbox, so I got to listen more than talk myself - which may have come out in huffy puffs like "Hi.....(puff puff), my name is (pant pant) jennifer.....nice to (huff pant) meet you"

Still, I completed my first run. We'll do that 3 times a week, and by the end of August I should at least be able to join the advanced part of the class that runs for 10 minutes then walks for 1 minute.

I'm certain the aches and pains will go away, the more I coax this tired now 36 yr old (!!) body into a disciplined regimen.
Why, I might even be able to keep up with my 3 yr old after this.

But for now - I am tired. Don't want to do too much too soon.....Oh how I wish that the 10 weeks was over LOL!
I want the end result, but the prospect of doing so much physical WORK doesn't thrill me, except that I know it must be done.
There is no easy way to get fit.

I will admit that after my first run, I felt good. Tired but good. Like I had done something for me. I am taking charge of my fitness. Plus I got a free fancy shmancy running shirt in bright red with bold blue letters emblazoned "RUNNING ROOM"
Now I can look the part of a serious runner. Ok maybe not serious, but at least not a complete joke ;)
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

I don't hate my body. I would like to lose 20-30lbs. I know plenty of people who would be more than happy to be my weight right now. I am 163lbs and stand somewhere in the 5'7 - 5'8 range. But I am used to being lighter. 5 years of pregnancy changed all that, not to mention the fact that I went from being fairly active, to being nearly completely inactive, due to multiple high risk pregnancies. Also I'm getting older. That won't change. So it's now or never.
I'm choosing now.

2 comments:

The other me said...

I am SO impressed...good girl!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Julie