We are supposed to be going to the cottage this weekend.
8 days of beaches and lazy days - sounds rather ideal, doesn't it?
My inlaws have rented a cottage for a month, and invited several people to enjoy it with them, so next week is our week!
or maybe not.
My husband has had this week booked off for 6 months - since the beginning of the year.
And next week, not one but TWO important deadlines for his projects have come up.
He cannot get anyone else to cover for him, as they are on holidays right now, or busy with their own projects.
As of right now, the first deadline is Monday, which isn't too bad - he can work this weekend and we'll go up Sunday night and still have nearly a week. The second deadline is Thursday. He just found out today, and is rather upset that this project came back to him just in time to ruin his holidays.
The cottage has no internet connection, so he will be travelling into London (about 1 hr away) for most of Mon, Tues, Wed.and hopefully we'll get 4 days of REAL relaxing and not thinking about work.
I will admit the prospect of being with the kids all day up at a cottage is somewhat daunting for me. The stairway down to the beach is high, and scary for small kids. I cannot take all 3 of them and their gear down alone. I am even hesitant to relax my guard for a minute - as there is no fenced in area that I can just let them play in with minimal supervision. I'm afraid it will not be as much of a holiday for me as a stressful outing for 3 days until my hubby can join us and help out.
Work sucks. but it pays the bills. just darned inconvenient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment