Monday, July 25, 2005

Baby Powder Blues

The big boys slept in until 8:30/9:00am this morning.

I suppose I should be thankful. Joey was up from 3-4am, and is still sleeping soundly at 10:38am this morning. I'll give him till noon!

The boys were into mischief right from the start this morning. Figures. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, but they are up to their usually morning glory!

Matthew emptied an entire container of Baby Powder - Onto my kitchen counter - Thoroughly coating the toaster, coffeemaker, oven, countertops, and everything else ON the countertops in a thick dusty white covering.
Since half the floor and the chair he was climbing on were also thickly coated, I sent the boys BACK to bed while I cleaned up.
Getting baby powder off a tile floor is actually not as simple as it sounds - it gets stuck all down in the grout, so my flat mop has to really work to pick it all up. Plus I had to wipe down my fridge and all the cupboards that had been attacked by Matthew the powder monster.

They are now being forced to pick up every toy they had strewn across the living room. We will make today a cleaning day.
I'll be the tyrant. They'll get their full share of punishment by cleaning, and I shall wind up with a house worthy of entertaining the Queen for tea.

right. Not gonna happen, we all know that. They'll get distracted in their 'cleaning' and wind up making a bigger mess than the one they were supposed to be cleaning.

Note to self: In addition to being very expensive, kids are very very messy.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

2 comments:

MamaTink said...

Oh No. I send lots of sanity, teeth grinding, cheek biting counting to 10 understanding vibes your way Jenn. Lots of them.

~Lisa~

The other me said...

Oh Jenn...would we DARE ever let our 6 boys be in the same country?!? Can you imagine the pictures we could take if we got them together?