Monday, July 11, 2005

For Helen

Helen makes me feel good.
Helen is my friend from England, that I've never met in person, but we have chatted on the phone, so I know she's real.
Helen has 5 boys AND a teenage girl - so every time I think my life with 3 little boys is chaotic, I just have to think of Helen.
Helen's youngest 3 boys, are roughly the same age as mine (give or take 8 months here and there). Helen you are my hero.
She has the ability to look at life from a unique perspective - Her older 3 kids are grown up and she relishes the day to day of the younger set - even the bad stuff. Every time I think of something naughty my boys have done - Helen is there to say "perk up dear" For this is the stuff that little boys are made of, and we shall delight in their little boy naughtiness, because it IS kind of funny in retrospect (usually) and makes for GREAT tales to tell when they are older, less destructive, and more prone to asking for money rather than chocolate milk every second of the day.
So, for Helen, I give you the following antics of my little naughty troublemaker this week. Please make me smile about it, as I know only you can.

Matthew dumped sprinkles on the kitchen floor
Jammed his fingers in the door
dumped 2 litres of liquid soap in the loo
Oh whats a mum like me to do.

Stuck two pennies in the CD player
Ran out in the door without a care
Kept on running, wouldn't come back
Nearly gave his mum a heart attack
When a large truck came rumbling down the street
Missing my boy by a few tiny feet!

While mum & dad were working hard
He ate several spoons of icing from a jar
Threw an ice cream cone on the deck
Turned his room into quite a wreck
dumped chocolate milk on his rug
And peed outside in my frosty mug

I do not make this up I swear
Just for a clever rhyme here and there
He emptied the garbage can with ease
so he could use if for a stool to get my keys
then tries to unlock the basement door
So he can get into even more

A busy boy is he and he only just turned 3
a tired mum am I as I sit here and sigh
I love the monkey beasty boy
He has a spark of pure joy!

4 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!

Hugs

Julie

The other me said...

Hoorah my friend for liking me,
Because we are alike you see...
With little boys who drive us mad
And make us laugh,then make us sad.

The antics of these little blokes
Are stuff of stories,tales and jokes.
How much we laugh,then cry and wail,
When we recount each woeful tale.

My only bonus, Jenn my dear
Is having lived the extra year..
When Jords was 3 he cut the hair
Of neighbours kids both dark and fair.

He used the scissors with greatest ease,
To hack and chop and style to please,
He drew on walls and floors with pen,
When scrubbed quite clean he'd start again.

But NOW you see he's big and grown
And pays his way and lately shown,
that every naughty thing he's done
Was part of learning, having fun.

My big kids show that nothing lasts
The times they shocked and left aghast,
Were nothing more than moments dear,
The troubles not as they appear.

In minutes they are grown and gone
And then you'll find your heart will long,
For chocolate syrup, poop and mess
Your life now filled with so much less.

You'll stand and watch as they wave goodbye
And then you'll truly wonder why,
You ever wanted peace and calm
Instead of grubby knees and arms.

I tell you this, for me not you
'Cause Eli is a sod, it's true.
I need reminding HE will grow
And one day I shall miss HIM so!

He leaps out of his bed at night
And swings from high things, giving fright.
His empties fridges,cupboards too
And flushes big things down the loo.

HE climbs the gate and runs away
I'm feeling older everyday...
No need to tell, you know the score......
HEY!! You got some room for just one more?


With much love Helen. xx .




with much love, Helen x

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I wanna play too!!!

My Sarah-Bear has become quite rude,
I call her "Little Miss Attitude."
When she doesn't get her way she cries
And stomps and screams and wails and sighs
I wish she would stop whining so
And bugging me about where we'll go
If we don't fill her day with plans galore
She stomps and screeches and whines she's bored
For this new demanding little beast
I have no patience, none the least
I pray to God this is just a phase
And one day soon she will amaze
Me with behaviour that is above reproach
So to you Mommies I offer a toast
Lets work to keep our sanity
At least until they're thirty-three ;)

Julie Q said...

Too cute ladies! I only wish I had the talent to join in. :) Oh and so so true on the growing up.

Julie