I've been tagged by Lora to do this - it sounded fun so here goes....
1. I have a stainless steel fridge - oddly enough this means it is not magnetic on the front. It is highly irritating
2. I broke up with a boyfriend while we were on vacation in Africa - made things awkward, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I only wish I'd dumped him earlier.
3. I once ate grub worms in the jungles of Ecuador.
4. I am a lefty, married to a lefty with a child who is a lefty. My brother is a lefty, and my sister married a lefty.
5. I graduated university debt free.
6. If I won a million dollars - I'd spend half of it within the first month!
7. I like holidays in sunny warm tropical places. sitting on the beach/by the pool all day with a supply of cold drinks is my idea of relaxing.
8. I like the number 17
9. I do not like beer. In fact I hate beer. The smell, the taste, everything about it makes me want to heave. I do not know how people can drink that stuff.
10. I can't stand having a messy kitchen. It bothers me. It must be clean before I go to bed or I will lie awake thinking about it, and would even get up to clean it at 2 in the mornng. A mess during the day isn't as bad, but I am kind of anal about my kitchen.
and if you liked that, you might want to go back and read my previous posts;
22 short blurbs about me
78 other things that weren't blurbworthy
I tag anyone who is reading this and has their own blog :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That is so cool that you have been to Africa and Ecuador! What did the grub worms taste like? Great list thanks for playing. I am going to read the previous posts about you too.
Lora:)
hmmm...not random...I knew a couple of those :)
Have to disagree on the beer thing. Not that it's my favourite, blech...but it always makes me think of my husband...and the first night we hooked up :)
Cool facts Jenn.
~Lisa~
Hi Jen
I couldn't get on to BZ this morning so I checked this out. I am not blog savvy so have never done this before. I hope it works.
This 18 month assessment was given to us by Mt. Sinai hospital in Toronto as Adam, Natalie's twin, died of a very rare genetic condition so she was followed closely for any signs. The Dr. said not to do it even a day before 18 months. Ian isn't talking much either. Right now he doesn't have to as his sister does all the talking for him and all he does is point and groan/scream/squeal/etc. He says "up", "mama", "mum-mum" (for thos baby bisquits) and every once in a while will say "hot". The dr on Thursday didn't seem concerned in the least.
Well here goes...remember I copied this from the test so try to ignor the typos (please...I am dyslexic after all and I don't always see them....)
18 Month Questionnaire
On the following pages are questions about activities children do. Your child may have already done some of the activities described here, and there may be some your child has not begun doing yet. For each question, please check the box that tells whether your child is doing the activity regularly, sometimes, or not yet.
Important points to remember:
- Be sure to try each activity with your child before checking a box.
- Try to make completing this questionnaire a game that is fun for you and your child.
At this age, many toddlers are not cooperative when asked to do things. You may need to try the following activities with your child more than one time. If possible, try the activities when your child is cooperative. If your child can do the activity but refuses, score “yes” for the question.
Communication:
1. When your child wants something, does she tell you by pointing to it?
2. When you ask him to, does your child go into another room to find a familiar toy or object? (You might ask, “where is your ball? Or say, “Bring me your blanket”.)
3. Does your child point to the correct body part when you ask, “Where is your nose (eyes, hand, etc.)?” (She can point to a part of herself, you, or a doll.)
4. Does you child say eight words or more in addition to “Mama” and “Dada”?
5. Without showing him first, does your child point to the correct picture when you say, “Show me the kitty” or ask, “Where is the dog?”? (He only needs to identify one picture correctly.)
6. Does your child say two or three words that represent different ideas together, such as “See dog,” “Mommy home,” or “Kitty gone”? (Don’t count word combinations that express one idea, such as “Bye-Bye,” “All gone,” “All right,” and “What’s that?”)
Gross Motor:
1. Does your child bend over or squat to pick up an object from the floor and then stand up again without any support?
2. Does your child move around by walking, rather than by crawling on her hands and knees?
3. Does your child walk well and seldom fall?
4. Does your child climb on an object such as a chair to reach something he wants?
5. Does your child walk down stairs if you hold onto one of her hands?
6. When you show him how to kick a large ball, does your child try to kick the ball by moving his leg forward or by walking into it? (If your child already kicks a ball, check “yes” for this item.)
Fine Motor:
1. Does your child throw a small ball with a forward are motion? (If he simply drops the ball, check “not yet” for this item.)
2. Does your child stack a small block or toy on top of another one? (You could also use spools of thread, small boxes, or toys that are about 1 inch in size.)
3. Does your child make a mark on the paper with the tip of a crayon (or pencil or pen) when trying to draw?
4. Does your child stack three small blocks or toys on top of each other by herself?
5. Does your child turn the pages of a book by himself? (He may turn more than one page at a time.)
6. Does your child get a spoon into her mouth right side up so that the food usually doesn’t spill?
Problem Solving:
1. Does your child drop several (sic or more) small toys into a container, such as a box or bowl? (You may show him how to do it.)
2. After you have shown her how, does your child try to get a small toy that is slightly out of reach by using a spoon, stick, or similar tool?
3. after a crumb or Cheerio is dropped into a bottle, does your child purposely turn the bottle over to dump in out? You may show him how to do this. You can use a pill bottle, soda-pop bottle, or baby bottle. (If your child can already do item number 6, check “yes” for this item).
4. Without showing her how, does your child scribble back and forth when you give her a crayon (or pencil or pen)?
5. after he watches you draw a line from the top of the paper to the bottom with a crayon (or pencil or pen) does your child copy you by drawing a single line on the paper in any direction? (Scribbling back and forth does not count as “yes”).
6. after a crumb or Cheerio is dropped into a small, clear bottle, does your child turn the bottle upside down to dump out the crumb or Cheerio? (Do not show her how.)
Personal-Social:
1. While looking at himself in the mirror, does your child offer a toy to his own image?
2. Does your child play with a doll or stuffed animal by hugging it?
3. Does your child get your attention or try to show you something by pulling on your hand or clothes?
Does your child come to you when she needs help, such as with winding up a toy?
5. Does your child drink from a cup or glass, setting it down again with little spilling?
6. Does your child copy the activities you do, such as wipe up a spill, sweep, shave, or comb hair?
Overall: (these are yes/no answers)
1. Do you think your child hears well?
2. Do you think your child talks like other toddlers his age?
3. Can you understand most of what your child says?
4. Do you think your child walks, runs, and climbs like other toddlers her age?
5. Does either parent have any family history of childhood deafness or hearing impairment?
6. Has your child had any medical problems in the last several months.
7. Does anything about your child worry you?
Scoring:
Score each item on the questionnaire by writing the appropriate number on the line by each item answer.
Yes = 10
Sometimes = 5
Not Yet = 0
Add up the item scores for each area .
The Cutoff scores are as follows (if your child’s total score for that area falls below, talk with a professional, the child may need further evaluation)
communication - 30
Gross motor - 20
Fine motor - 20
Problem solving - 20
Personal-social - 20
Gail (Gailb from BZ and fellow Ontario citizen)
thanks a lot Gail - I'll have to check - I'm pretty sure he's fine and just taking his time with the talking :)
jenn
I just checked and he's fine in every area except communication - he got 0 :(
I guess I'll just wait for that speech explosion LOL. He does come to me and put stuff in my hands - which is a form of communication I think....
Always happy to learn more about my favourite jenn :)
The number 17 rules.... grub worms, um... do not. Can't say I'm speaking from experience on that one though. LOL
:)
Post a Comment