Friday, December 02, 2005

Just hear those ring jing jing-aling.....

I have to tell you this story, because I'm still giggling over it.....

Today my mom came and looked after the boys (well 2 of them) while I went to school with Duncan and played Parent Volunteer for their science day. It was a lovely relaxing morning, and I came home for lunch, and my mom decided to go off and do some Christmas shopping.

Flash forward to early afternoon - I am getting ready to pick Duncan up from school - which means I am going to have to get Matthew redressed, as he has peeled off his clothes again, and has wrapped himself in a soft blanket in the middle of the family room. Before I can get him dressed, the doorbell rings, and it's my mom - bearing gifts!
She had stayed in the area and thought it would be nice to come back and look after the kids again while I duck out to pick Duncan up from school - Truly this is a blessing. the little things like this - being able to pick up one kid without dragging the others out into the cold weather, and buckling them in seats and getting out the stroller etc. Makes life sooooo much easier.

She'd also brought a couple of things with her - a new cookie sheet to replace my old one that is on it's last legs, some cheese for Matthew, because he only eats one kind and I had run out, and best of all - A lovely holiday snowman that sings and dances.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just press his hand and the music starts, while snowman dances and wiggles in a festive little dance. The kids love it!
Of course, it was the last one on the shelf, and when we first pressed start - it roared to life, doing it's dance, and singing it's song (Sleigh Ride) and then it made a horrible noise. We thought the batteries might be running down - being the last one in the store of course, it was subjected to the whims of passersby, starting him up and singing his little song.

Every time Matthew played the snowman, it made the same horrible noise. Mum started to get worried that maybe it was defective - but we chalked it up to faulty batteries.

When Chris came home from work tonight - Matthew of course had to show him how the snowman worked. Start up the song and Arrrgh - There's that horrible noise again! Seems like it even stops dancing whenever it makes that noise. I began to get suspicious.
When mum had brought the snowman in, she had taken all the packaging and put it in my recycling box, so I rummaged through until I found the original packaging......

Sure enough...............

The official name is "Rootin' Tootin' Snowman"

YES everyone, My mother bought me a dancing FARTING snowman.

Now whenever Chris and I hear the so called Horrible noise, we laugh like crazy - becuase this silly snowman is pausing his dance to pass wind. It really is funny.

Happy Holidays indeed!

15 comments:

Mary said...

What a riot! Please please please don't tell Bud. I don't imagine he'd find ANYTHING funnier than a farting snowman!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I have a whole new image of Marilyn.

JMSWMBO

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

This STILL makes me laugh out loud!!! Love It!!!!

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!

April

Anonymous said...

Jenn's Mom, will you come down and be my Mom for a few days. My kids would love the snowman too. I'd like a break too.

The other me said...

OMG Isaac would want for nothing more than a farting snowman! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

OMG that is hilarious! My HUSBAND would be the one to be delighted to no end with such a contraption.

I think that my husband would want to be in a contest w/that snowman. A farting contest.
ROFL

Thanks for the giggle.

-Jes

Anonymous said...

What a funny story, Jenn! Have the boys figured out what is happening when its rootin' and tootin'?? or is it just yours and Chris' private joke?

MamaTink said...

LMAO!! Too Funny!!!! Did your Mom know????

~Lisa~

Jenn said...

mom-NOS - Shhhhh I promise not to tell Bud, but if he sees one in Walmart - be prepared.

JMSWMBO - Don't be too hard on her - she had no idea what she was buying

Julie julie bo boolie - ME TOO!!

April - ROFLMBO right along with ya

Donna - No, she's MINE, all MINE. I realize how fortunate I am. You are always welcome to come visit though ;) Have a taste of the city for a change.

The other me - I actually thought of Isaac and "pooh bum willie knickers" when listening to it ;)

Jessica - I then challenge Bill to a Duel! Let me get my pot of chili ready first....

seeester - They laugh hysterically at it, so I imagine they must know. Of course maybe they're laughing at me dancing along with it, and farting right along in sync....

mamatink - Heh heh, no, my mom didn't know - until I called her today and told her - and then we both had a rip roaring good laugh over it.

Julie Q said...

Your Mom sounds so sweet Jenn. That is very funny about the snow man! :)

By the way, Zachary still strips when we get home. Down to a white t shirt and his underwear. What a stinker.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a shock when you called to explain the terrible noise. I really bought it for the "Sleigh Ride" song which you loved as a kid. I thought it would bring back childhood memories. It really is rather funny! This old gramma can enjoy a good joke too!
LYM

Anonymous said...

Jen I just had to tell you, I read this last night and was in Walmart this morning and saw the "rootin-tootin" guy himself!!! I laughed and thought of you :) He has a santa friend that "toots" too :) Too your mom's defense, when I pushed his hand the first time, he just sang a short song and no tootin...so there was really no way to know...I wonder how many other people out there were surprised when their snowman/santa "tooted" Thanks for the laugh!!!

Jenn said...

aimee - glad you found the humour in it as well. It still makes me giggle....

Julie QMy mom IS sweet - she's the best!
Zachary hates clothes too eh? Does he roll around in blankets too ;)

Marilyn AKA Mom - I'm so glad that in addition to being the best mom on the planet, you have a sense of humour too. LYM.

tina - happy to provide giggles for ya

Natalie- oooh A Santa companion. I should get that one too and have a real rip roarin' Christmas!!
I bet your boys would love it too!

Lora said...

Thanks for sharing I needed a good laugh today! That is hilarious!