Saturday, December 03, 2005

Why those little monkeys!!!

I keep finding evidence of little things that the kids have done. They are subtle little mischief makers sometimes.

They turned the hot water tank temperature down to zero.
Found this out when we had no hot water for showers - yep, they turned it down so low that the pilot light went out. Luckily Chris knows how to restart this.

They turned the refrigerator control up to maximum
Found this out when I went we went to get Joey a bottle of milk and discovered it was frozen in the fridge.

They messed with the outdoor light timer
Found this out when our lights didn't come on at the right time - and the next morning they were all ablaze by the light of day.
I'm not even sure how they managed this one, since it is cold outside and the control for the timer is on the porch outside our front door. I don't imagine they went outside during the day, as they spent it running around yelling "I'm all naked" and diving into a pool of blankets that they created at the bottom of the stairs.

They had fun with a roll of painters tape
I walked into my living room to see they had taped all the trim around the windows, and the baseboards. Funny boys, they know what the tape is for - but their taping job left much to be desired - especially since we've already painted that room. Still, it was kind of cute.

I find little gifts all over the place - evidence that multiple people under 5 live here. anonymous stains on the carpet, water on the bathroom floor, toys, baskets and upside down garbage cans pushed up to the counter (because mummy made a rule, 'no chairs pushed up to the counter', but the little squirts managed to find a loophole anyway)

Matthew has dragged the fan up from the basement for the 18 thousandth time. Should I even bother taking it back downstairs? Will people wonder why I have a fan in my house in January, when it's 30 below outside.?
He noticed that a light was out on my chandelier - He mentions it to me every time we turn the light on that "one is missing". I'm sure it's bothering him a great deal, but I just haven't had a chance to get a replacement. I should do that before he unscrews the broken bulb and hoards it. I'll probably find it in my stocking - such a sweet boy!!

4 comments:

The other me said...

Jenn the evidence that these boys have super fast brains is astounding! I get worn out every time I read about them. They are glorious.

Julie Q said...

Oh my! Busy busy they are! Doesn't it make it tempting to bring out the new toys we have hidden away for Christmas? I've always gotten that bug this time of year. ;)

MamaTink said...

Monkeys is right!! At least when you wake up in the morning you are guaranteed a day completely different from the day before :)

Hugs!
~Lisa~

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you're going to wake up one morning super glued to the wall.

Check out the book, "Naughty Little Monkeys" by Jim Aylesworth
It's my 5 year old's favorite and it sounds like you could have written it.