Duncan's school is not really closed - we only got about 10 cm instead of the 30 they were anticipating, but I'm keeping him home because I am selfish and don't want to clear off the cars and shovel snow at 7:30 in the morning. Nor do I wish to slip and slide all the way to his school (7 km away) or return at 3:00pm to pick him up and fight traffic again.
It's a self declared snow day here in our house, which means we are hunkered down, in our pajamas with an armload of Christmas specials to watch and some activities to do (like making christmas cards for teachers) and maybe if I feel energetic (HA) we'll go out and build a snowman in the backyard.
Won't be around much as the holiday's are just a little crazy and we have many activities planned for this weekend. Christmas parties, Birthday Parties, and Kids Christmas presentation at church; I'm dizzy just thinking about it all.
Hope to be back on Monday with LOTS of blogging material.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So what will the note to school say about him being out? (sorry, I couldn't resist a little HT humor!!LOL!!)
I will be looking forward to Monday!
April
Enjoy your day! I hope the snowman gets built. It's wonderful packing snow today.
LYM
April - well, if I *needed* a note, I'd say that he was sick. Moot point here as the school isn't as rigid as some of those US schools on the 'valid excuse' thing. ;)
marilyn - thanks mom! we actually didn't make it outside again after the whole shoveling activity - that took a while, and they were kind of 'snowed out'.
Oh man I prayed for a snow day but alas.. nope. Oh well.. me and the babies spent half an hour watching Gunther with the snowthrower and then I made them watch Beauty and the Beast with me (there is a very soft spot in my heart for the Beast).
It seems that everybody is getting snow except us. Here in Anchorage it has been so warm that the snow has melted. We may not even have a white Christmas. So glad that you had a great day!
Oh how I miss my little guy
Thanks for your support
Post a Comment