Friday, December 30, 2005

Me me me - a completely superficial me-oriented post.

So today I had my weekly massage with the super hot Massage Therapist - AKA as 'Bob'.
Ok, so it's not really a weekly thing - it's just the second week in a row, and probably the last time until we try to use up our end of year benefits next December - Still - it was awfully nice.

When you spend your days with little kids, it's nice to have some conversation that isn't punctuated with "Can I have chocolate millk" or "mummy, he's bugging me..............." and even nicer when someone is rubbing your back and hitting all those sore muscles that were caused by lifting a 26lb 20 month old out of his crib!



After my massage I went next door to the drugstore to look around and relieve my wallet of the 10$ that was burning a hole in it - ha haha - Truthfully, I'm such a penny pinching miser that for me to spend 10 dollars completely on myself is rare, unless I'm buying a new hair colour - because that's completely for myself, and is usually about 10$, and I try to maintain it every few months because I am vain, and hate having my mousy brown roots showing, so I usually pick some exotic "vibrant red" to spice things up.
Anyway - I found a really nice lipstick colour - and even though I don't normally wear makeup, let alone lipstick (that's for getting REALLY dressed up) I bought it anyway because it was the right shade for me, and it looks great. I'm even wearing some now - because it just looks so good, and it makes me feel good to look good. (or at least my lips look awesome!).
I guess next week I'll splurge on myself again and get my eyebrows shaped - I love doing that. I had it done in the summer and have been hooked ever since.

I also bought a treat because it's after Christmas, and all the chocolates are 1/2 price.
They had a whole row of Terry's Mint chocolate Oranges sitting on the shelf. If you've never had one of these - you need to try one. They are shaped like an orange and you whack the whole thing, and all the slices, break off, ready to eat. They are simply divine, and at half price - too good of a bargain to resist - even if I am starting a diet in January - Hey it's not January yet.

Came home and was greeted by son #2 charging up to greet me at the door. He was naked as usual, and I saw that he had found a green marker and coloured ever so nicely all over his chest and arms. spiffy. Sitting down to check my email (which isn't working right now by the way, in case anybody gets a bounceback) I noticed out of the corner of my eye that son #1 was also naked. I'm not surprised, since he was naked when I left - having just had a shower, which he likes to do in the middle of the day. (He'll have a bath in the evening as well - he's very very clean). however, This son was holding a little box.
In fact it was a little green box.

It was a little green box that USED to have a Terry's chocolate mint Orange in it.

Only now it had 3 pathetic little slices left.

I looked at the clock - I had been home exactly 17 minutes, and somehow he had used his powers of undetection to sneak out my chocolate orange - carry it up to his room and tear into it with wild abandon, gobbling up nearly the whole thing.

Boy was I mad. I know it's only chocolate - but I mean 17 minutes!!???! How did he do that?

I suppose it's for the best - now I won't be eating it and reaping all the caloric benefits in my rear end, although I think we all know that I'm just going to go out tomorrow and buy another one. (oh they are THAT good)

This time I'll hide it though. Maybe lock it up in my room.

10 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I don't know if I'm more jealous about Bob or the mint orange (we have a snowball one in the pantry but I'd gladly change it for a mint one)...

I did email asking if we could set up a visit for Tuesday?

TTYS :)

GClef1970 said...

Ooooh, I'd be hot, too. Don't you hate days like those? Can't a mummy have just one teeny little thing to herself? Can't we be selfish about something once in a while?
Sorry that you lost your orange. :-( I've never seen the mint ones here, vous Canadien chanceux! :-)

Lora said...

It good to hear that you are doing things just for you. How nice a massage is and from a hottie too? I am envious especially since I haven't had one for uhmmm oh,about 10 years. Hope that you do go out and indulge in a new chocolate orange, you deserve to treat yourself!

Anonymous said...

I always feel better when I at least have on lip gloss. It is, howerer, the one and only thing I wear most of the time.

I'm glad to hear your day went so well!

And that mint orange sounds wonderful! Go get another one!

April

Julie Q said...

I must say, I agree with Susie. My candy is my candy too. ;) If it is a special treat, I put it in my drawer in my room. Otherwise, I know, it will disappear.

Glad you enjoyed your 2nd massage as much as the first. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn, I am so sorry about the orange, what a way to end a perfectly good massage. I am hiding up in Tim's office b/c Tim's dad and his wife are STILL HERE and I'm ready (three days ago) for them to go home!!! Okay I will stop complaining, I only get them twice a year... go get another orange okay.

Anonymous said...

Oh and happy new year, I must say I am a bit envious that all your Christmas decorations are already put away. Tim LOVES Christmas decorations so We will probably have them up until February!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn;
I can't believe he ate so much so fast. He'll probably have a tummy ache and then you can tell him it's because he ate too much chocolate.
I think you need to buy a safe to hide the stuff you don't want the boys to have.
Happy New Year!
LYM

MamaTink said...

Oh Honey!! I hope the boys soon learn that messing with a woman's chocolate is NEVER okay! LOL

Way to go on the massage! i say it's time to make it a regular occurance!!

Happy New Year!
~Lisa~

-Lo said...

I am drooling with jelousy. From both Bob and your chocolate! What is it about kids? They can sniff chocolate anytime, anywhere!