Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My boy is in KINDERGARTEN!!

The day has arrived - I no longer have 3 preschoolers.....
I have 2 preschoolers, and one KIndergartener!!
Today is Duncan's first day of school - It's nothing more than a meet the teacher and check out the room type of thing, but it's his FIRST DAY!
He is excited about it, although last night he said he was a little bit scared.
I think once he sees the room, all that will change - He'll see the painting station, and the playdough station, and the fact that he'll be allowed to cut with scissors, well, it's practically heaven for him.
He can print his name, which is a good start, I guess. It's not entirely legible, but hopefully that will improve.
He is 4 yrs 4 months and 2 weeks old, so he'll be one of the older kids in the class. some of his classmates will likely be 3 still - Hopefully he doesn't find that out, since I told him he had to be 4 to start school.....

here's a few pics - he is excited enough to get dressed, and forget his shoes LOL
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh, a bitter-sweet moment for you as well??
Duncan looks pretty excited about his first day of school! I know he'll have a wonderful time. Make sure you post an update so we know how it went for him.
Oh, and he is one handsome little guy, that's for sure!

Julie Q said...

I hope it goes well Jenn! :) The first real day that is. We meet the teacher tomorrow.

Julie