Monday, September 05, 2005

my 5 favourite childhood memories

Thanks to Julie I've gotten my first ever blogger tag.

so, I must list my 5 favourite childhood memories. Hmmm how to pick just 5? I'll just start writing whatever comes to mind...
Here is 5 out of 1026 really good childhood memories They aren't necessarily my top five, but there's no way I could pick 5 and say they were absolute favourites, because I have so many to pick from - I'm lucky that way.

1. Getting that new bike on Christmas morning circa 1978. I knew I was getting it - because I snuck out of bed in the middle of the night and looked downstairs and saw it sitting beside the tree with a big bow on it. I even went downstairs and slept beside it for a bit. It was the only year I ever tried to find out my gifts ahead of time.

2. Going skateboarding the morning of my cousin's wedding. I went to the top of the hill and got the bright idea to ride down the middle of the street on my skateboard - sitting instead of standing.
It was a steep hill.
I fell off.
did not have kneepads on my rear end, and ended up scraping my bum something silly, and OH did my mom ever get mad at me for fooling around just before we were getting ready to leave. I had to wear a dress to this wedding too, and it hurt to sit down, so I spent the rest of the day being very uncomfortable. Now you may ask why this is a favourite childhood memory - it sounds rather painful, and not pleasant at all - but I have to tell you - While riding the skateboard - moments BEFORE I fell off - I was going FAST, and it was AWESOME. *That* my friends is the great memory. Flying down the hill at breakneck speed!

3. My dad, building a skating rink in the backyard for us.

4. Going to the hospital to see my baby brother, and having the nurse in the newborn nursery hold him up.

5. Grandma and Grandpas house on Christmas day afternoon, with all the relatives in the basement, playing pool, talking, laughing, opening gifts and OH the FOOD!! Dinner, and desserts long into the evening....we'd come home with our bellies full of treats, the trunk full of new toys and gifts, and memories that DO last a lifetime!

Oh that was wonderful....

OK, I tag Helen(myquietthoughts), and Julie (Anotherdaypassesby) and Jessica (~*~*J~*~*)

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Great memories Jenn. :) I will probably do the same, first 5 at the top of my head. ;)

Julie