Sunday, September 18, 2005

Can she do it?

6 days until my first race.

5 kilometres (3.106856 miles)

Thats less than a week.

I've been slacking off on the running, and ran only 1 day last week instead of 3, because we were on holidays in the US, and I definitely noticed the difference.

Now I am starting to get worried.

I can't train too much this week or I'll have no juice left for the actual race on Saturday....

I'll feel so bad if I can't do this. My husband is doing a marathon next month. (not that I'm competing with him in any way)

sorry, this has taken over my regular blogging style.
We will return to your regular blog after this little neurotic rant is finished.
well, maybe tomorrow...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn

You can do it and I am rooting for you!!

For your first race - finishing is all that counts - any finishing time is good and if you have to crawl then do that too.

You go girl!!

I'm coming to watch you cross the finish line.

JMSWMBO

The other me said...

I am SO impressed with you! Can't wait to hear how it went, the very fact that you even plan to do it is a huge deal!

Julie Q said...

But, you have practiced and that is what is important. :) Pace yourself and I'm sure you will do great! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Can she do it?

YES SHE CAN!

I wish I lived close so I could be there waving the little Go Jenn Flag!

Anonymous said...

(to the tune of Bob the builder)
"Jenn the racer...
Can she do it?
Jeeeenn the racer...
YES SHE CAN!"

Also...
As Tony Little says it
" YOU CAN DOOOOOOOOOOIT!"
((hugs))

Next year I am running the race for the cure, and I am going to do the Buddy Walk, & I am hoping to find something for Premature Birth Awareness.

You've been an inspiration to me.
Thank you.
-J

Anonymous said...

Yes you can do it! Just take it easy! Don't try to be the first one to finish.Just aim to finish , period.
I'll be praying for you!
LYM

Hannah said...

I believe in you, Jenn!
You CAN do it!
I don't DO running. I wish I did. Or could. Or wanted to.
ROFLMBO

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OF COURSE SHE CAN!!!!

And Will!!!

Hugs

Julie

Anonymous said...

Go Jenn Go!

Anonymous said...

Can she do it?

Of course she can!!!

Good luck Jen.

A

Anonymous said...

You can do it Jenn!!!

I ran a 5K @ 8 months after Judy was born. I pushed both Diane and Levi in a stroller too. I was last but someone has to be last. I wanted to do it again this year but it just didn't work out.

Donna

Heather Cady said...

At least you aren't sitting around eating a whole package of candy someone sent you! :)

You go girl!
Heather

Anonymous said...

vJust make sure you enter the right race, there is a story about a woman who was training for a 10K and on the day of the race she went to the mall where it was supposed to start. She ran and ran and after an hour she asked one of the other runners how much farther... "My dear, you're in the marathon, the 10K was at the other mall!!" Did she finish??? Yes, was it the race she trained for? No but it was the race and she finished... so I know you can do it Jenn, even if it is out of pure stubborness, you will finish!! I'll be praying for you!!