Saturday, September 24, 2005

I have run the race.

And I did not faint.
In fact, I even sprinted when I saw the end looming ahead of me.
Forgot to stop my timing watch, but best we could figure out, my time was 35:30 - just a little better than my goal of 36 minutes, so I'm happy with that.
Hopefully will have a picture soon to show.

thanks to all my family who showed up to encourage me and congratulate me at the finish line!
10,000+ raised for the Bereavement Society.

We're going out to celebrate tonight - just Chris and I.
Fancy dinner, and a movie - just like a real date! I'm excited about it - we haven't been out alone the two of us in a long time and we really need the time to just enjoy each other without the kids.

Tomorrow is another busy day - we have a wedding to attend - Should be fun! (Kids are staying with Grandma!)

Another race next week - Run for the Cure (Breast Cancer Research) - I'm aiming to beat 35 minutes!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Jen! Have fun tonight ;-)

A (APRILSHANE)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn! I am so so so so so so so sos sosososososososososoososo proud of you!

Did i tell you that I am proud of you? :)

Hey have fun on your date! We are getting one, too! WOOHOO....no fancy dinner for us. just a movie.

-Jes

The other me said...

I am so beyond impressed with you! Fantastic! Enjoy that date ( hope you don't get stiff legs!!)A well earned night out, have fun fun fun!

Julie Q said...

Way to go Jenn! :) You did great!

Have a wonderful time tonight.

karla said...

Hi Jenn
It's Karla.
Congrats on your run! Did I see you there today? I wish we could have said hello!

Wasn't it such a fantastic day for a run, and to raise money for such a wonderful charity to boot?

Hope all is well. Maybe we can meet for coffee someday! Email me at karlacadeau@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

the first of many more races - I am proud of you.

JMSWMBO

Heather Cady said...

You go girl! :)

Hugs,
H

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WooHoo! WTG!!!! YoU RoCK!!!!!!!

Hugs

Julie

Hannah said...

Well done you! I'm in awe! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Way to go kid! I knew you could do it!
LYM

MamaTink said...

WOOHOO Jenn!!!! I am SO SO SO SO SOOOOO Proud of you!!!!

~Lisa~