Well, there is something with 2 wheels that is shiny and red and waiting to be given to Duncan on Christmas morning.
I know I was done shopping for them, but I couldn't resist, an end of season price on a bike, not to mention the look of pure joy I expect to see when he comes downstairs on Christmas day. I'm so excited.
So what is new these days? Not much. November is a rather dull month in Canada - our Thanksgiving is long over, it's cold and damp - the occasional flurry, but not enough to build a snowman. Skies are often overcast, and it's just a little too early to get into the Christmas spirit.
Matthew has begun a new little quirk. I guess it's not really something new, as it's simply an expansion of an older quirk. For some time now he's been unscrewing lightbulbs from household lamps. This past few weeks he has graduated to unscrewing the lightbulbs from our dining room chandelier. This is accomplished by standing on the table on tip toes, and leaning forward, hanging precariously from the light fixture, and then unscrewing the bulb. It's really rather amazing to watch him (from a hidden vantage point of course) and see how he manages to accomplish this task to get his prized lightbulb.
From there I walked into my kitchen to find he had unscrewed several knobs off the kitchen cupboards. He can get them off - getting them back on is another skill altogether, and not one he cares to master right now.
He also unscrewed my swiffer - not all the way - just enough to make it collapse when i went to use it.
These little gifts he leaves for me, indicating his great twisting talent just leaves me shaking my head, and hoping that he doesn't figure out how to disassemble his bed with an Allen key by next year....
The boys are all getting over Croup. Duncan seems to be recovered fully, Matthew is still hacking at nighttime, and Joey is just a giant snotball disguised as a cute little baby. He is super cuddly, which means he is practically attached to me night and day, as he is teething as well, and it's taking it's sweet time breaking through to the surface. In the meantime, he is dripping out the nose, drooling out the mouth, and constantly wiping his face on my shoulder. Still manages to laugh and smile as only he can. One of his favourite tricks lately has been to take the cordless phone out of it's base, and then hit the pager on the base, causing the phone to beep it's location. The problem is that the beeping sounds like a ring, and he's fooled me on more than one occasion, making a beeline to the phone to answer it, only to see a smiling face and a chubby fist pushing buttons at random on my cordless phone - no doubt making long distance calls across the globe in the process. That's always my fear with the cordless. The kids often dial numbers and leave it off the hook for an hour or more. One of these days they are going to dial more than 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 and I'll be stuck with some huge phone bill. I guess at least by then my electricity bill will be considerably lower - seeing as how Matthew will have hoarded every lightbulb in the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I had to laugh at the lightbulbs. We used to miss lighbulbs but since levi used the knife on the nightlight in his room and the cat surviving it's shock, electral toys seem to be on the down side.
We too are missing knobs in the kitchen and one in the living room is about to come off but the cabnit has to be dissasimbled to get it back together.
Got to love those crafty kids.
BTW I saw a toy spray nozzels in the store a few days ago made by (something) school maybe play school. Your kids must not be the only ones with a obsision.
Very funny Jenn. :)
Perhaps Matthew will make a good carpenter one day?
Oh and I would have bought that little red bike too, knowing that is something he truly wants. I love Christmas!
I am glad our Thanksgiving and Christmas are closer together here. Although travel wise, it would nice to have the longer break inbetween. ;)
I hope Joey is feeling better soon.
Oh Jenn...the unscrewing of all things screwed would be the unscrewing of my sanity! Even so I have to say that the way these kids' minds work is an endless source of joy to me! SO happy about the shiny red thing with 2 wheels...its what Christmas is about!
What is it with cordless phones??? Chloe's equally enthralled with them...
Was SOOOO nice to see you over the w/end. Gunther really enjoyed Chris's company but not as much as I enjoyed yours!!!
Sarah's already asking when she can see Duncan and Matthew again ;)
Hugs
Maybe Matthew will be an electrician when he grows up??
I'm sorry your boys have all been sick. I hope Matthew & Joey get better soon. I can completely relate to the snotty nose, drooling mouth, wiped on my shoulder ... Tyler is also teething and has a slight cold!
Duncan is going to love his bike. You are a very nice mommy to buy that for him :)
So that's who called me the other day!!LOL!! It was Joey!
I just kept hearing "Yeah, yeah, yeah." over and over!!
Jon is a fool for the phone too. He called my sister the other day with my cell phone.
Duncan will be sooooo excited. Can't wait to see pics of him when he comes down on Christmas a.m.
Post a Comment