Wednesday, August 17, 2005

NEXT!!

I am a self confessed blog junkie - I'll admit it.
I like peeking into the lives of other people and reading about what is important enought to them to tap it out on a keyboard and post it. Some blogs are funny, some are sad, some are mindless drivel, and some are downright angry, requiring therapy in my opinion. There are the regular blogs I visit - mostly from friends I've met in real life, or online in other forums, and then there is the handy little button called "next blog".
I like this button. If I'm bored, and have read all my blogs for the day, and my friends have decided not to update their blogs (you know who you are! get typing people) then I resort to the button to feed my little addiction.
Pushing this button brings up a random blog. It's different every time.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Usually I have to hit it at least 5 or 6 times to get one in English, then another few times to get past the ones that are advertisments in disguise, and semi-pornographic sites. Finally I'll hit on a blog that seems promising - that may have some entertainment value, or even something of mild interest. Sadly these are getting harder and harder to find. Or am I just getting harder to satisfy? Like the addict that needs a greater "high" each time, I find I am in pursuit of the entertaining mystery blog of the day- the one that I read and think afterwards "Oh, that was great - that was a well written little piece". Don't get me wrong - I love my regular blogs - and am entertained at the antics of my friends and have great interest in their daily lives - even if it's not a particularly exciting blog - just because they are my friends. But, when I hit that "NEXT" button - I want something new, and random, and interesting - and in english.......and not advertising cars/travel/naked chicks. Is that too much to ask?

5 comments:

The other me said...

I used to love the next button til last week when I got one that was obviosuly written by a psycho...every day was details of someone he had raped, murdered , tortured, it was so evil I couldn't get out quick enough ( I read about 3 entries before I realised how evil it was...scarey that I even read those 3!!) it freaked me out that even insane people like that are blogging and then I started to wonder if creepy people are reading mine.....ewwwwwww! I'm a bit scared to hit the button now and have kept to my safe little world and those that I'm directed to.

Julie Q said...

I've hit the next button a few times myself. I've been lucky not to run into porno yet. Mostly they are a foreign language. I'll probably do it more when the kids go back to school and I have the computer all to myself. :)

Julie

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oops.. I had found an interesting one using the next button but when I linked on her links.. well maybe not LOL

Hugs

Julie

Heather Cady said...

Hey, hope you got a filling for your cavity :) By the way, do you have any im programs? It would be fun to talk in real time instead of just leaving each other comments...

Heather

MamaTink said...

It seems like such a waste of time. After repeatedly trying the next blog button I have decided that the only interesting blogs are the ones my cyber friends have created! LOL I have them in my favourites :)

~Lisa~