Friday, August 19, 2005

I had a great idea...

I was talking to a friend of mine on IM and I said something, then joked about what a good blog that would make, and now can I remember what the heck I was talking about? NO.
So sorry, this is the lost idea for a blog rant.
Then I had an even better idea for a blog, so I started composing it, and it got bigger and bigger, and kind of mushroomed, and now I've hit a wall - so you'll have to wait for that one too.
So consider this just an update - there's a blog in progress. but it's hard to write when there are 3 small kids pulling you in 3 different directions. The littlest one, bless his heart, has learned how to finally get my attention - every time - by pulling out the plug on my laptop. I have a battery backup, so it does not hinder me really, but I feel bad that my son at 15 months feels that he is competing with my laptop for my attention, to the point where his mindset is "destroy that thing that is stealing mum's attention away from me".
So I put my laptop away and just played with him for over an hour, throwing him into the couch, tickling, laughing, and cuddling. It was a wonderful way to spend the evening, and he went to bed like a lamb.
Went back to my laptop to start writing again, only to find that my internet access was down. We had a storm earlier tonight which knocked out the hydro, so our connection has been a bit patchy today, even after the lights came back on.

3 comments:

The other me said...

Hooray, at least you'r here, I was despairing of ever seeing a new post! Eli does a Joey too excpet he just thumps the keyboard and yells " GO!"

MamaTink said...

Joey is well ahead of his times :) Aidan has yet to figure out how to get rid of the laptop :) He did know the power button well on our old computer though...no battery backup there! LOL

Thanks for the quick update :)

~Lisa~

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read your blogs when they come out...I love hearing about your boys!

Be Blessed!