Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The eyes have it

So last week I got my eyebrows waxed, and this week, I can't stop looking in a mirror.
Maybe I'm vain, OK, I am vain, but wow what a difference.
I cannot believe it took me 36 years to finally get that done.
Admittedly, I didn't need to as a kid, but hey, after I hit 21, how come nobody clued me in?

Now that I've talked to several people, I've come to the conclusion that more women with nice eyebrows wax them than not.
Very few women are born with naturally nice clean arches, with no strays...

Why did it take me so long to figure this out - I'm a relatively intelligent person - yet it just never occured to me that most of my friends were doing this already.

here I thought that everyone else was so lucky not to have to deal with these overgrown bushes over my eyes, I never for a moment thought that most people plucked and waxed and simply thought that all that maintenence was reserved for the Hollywood set.

Oh well, Now I know, and I can join the ranks of the beautifully groomed eyebrow people. Just gotta pay my 10$/month to keep it up....

So for young women everywhere - YES, get them waxed and shaped. You'll be glad you did. And get the upper lip done while
you're at it!


EDITED - For April, to include pic :)
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

4 comments:

The other me said...

I have been a plucker myself but just last month bout the teeny wax strips for my upper lip to do them myself....magical ( although eyewateringly owie!) I would love to get them done properly though.

Anonymous said...

Thx for the reminder Jenn! I get them done about 2 times a yr and in between I do it myself. Ah 15-20 mins with NO screaming kids! gotta love that! I'm due to meet my nanyat the mall soon.I shall make an appointment right b4!

*Nonie*

Anonymous said...

You have convinced me!! Shane can take a hike ;-) How about posting a picture so we can all see how great your eyes look?

A (APRILSHANE)

Anonymous said...

Wow, hot mama! They really do look good ;-) Thanks for the pic.

A (APRILSHANE)