Lucky you my faithful followers - I will be doing 17 days in a row of holiday blogging.
I'm quite sure with all the kids home for 2+ weeks that I'll have plenty of stuff to gripe about, laugh over, vent and rejoice!
commiserate with me as I venture into the realm of being housebound with 3 kids during holiday madness - and no school to keep them occupado for 7 hours of the day.
In between my usual cleaning, laundry (it never takes a holiday does it?) and Christmas prep I'll be entertaining three little boys as well as I'm sure various annoying neighbour kids who will ask to come over.
NEWSFLASH FOR THE NEIGHBOURS MOM: - You have 1 child. I have 3. I don't want you to keep sending your kid over asking if he can come in - I am not his babysitter, while you enjoy your kid free time. I especially don't want you sending your kid over after dark when we have come in for the night. I will send him right back home. Stop making me be the bad guy, and keep your kid in after dark.
I make the kids go outside for at least an hour a day. It can be in the backyard or the front, they can play with friends or alone but for at least one hour of the day - I need to be able to get ahead in the clean up department without them undoing it faster than I can pick it up, but at 5:00 it's dark - and we are in for the rest of the day - eating dinner, watching TV, reading stories and going to bed. It's the same routine every night.
Plans for today:
A gingerbread house.
I'm hoping this will be a fun activity - there will be pictures of course. And they will likely want to demolish it - but I'm wanting to keep it for at least a day. Maybe tomorrow they can destroy it....
Will update this blog with the gingerbread saga - and I'm sure it will not be the pleasant 50's style family fun time that I'm imagining in my head - there will be tears and squabbling and "ewww I don't like these candies" because my boys are very picky in their sweets.
Can you believe Matthew didn't like the oreo truffle balls? Something wrong with him I say......
They also don't like jelly beans, jujubes or gummy candy, but they do like gummy bears. Strange palate.
To Be Continued.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Every DAY? Do you promise? Whoot! How long do I have to wait for pictures? Are they done yet?
Does the neighbor read your blog? I could send her the link if you would like. Better yet, you send her your 3 boys!
You do realize that we will bug you if you skip a day of blogging?
Post a Comment