It was 7:30am on a sunday, so I didn't care.
Sure - eat a cookie in my bed.
Be sure to leave the crumbs on daddy's side ok?
roll over back to sleep.
Only this child does not let us sleep -Why - He was up past 10:00 last night although that was partly my fault for being the kind caring mother I am, and not wanting him to freeze in the middle of the night.......
You see - his room is right over the garage, and since he sleeps with the door shut - his room tends to be the coldest in the house. Also since he tends to shun blankets of any kind while sleeping, I put footie jammies on, and (Silly me) got out a portable heater to put in his room. All was well until he saw that heater, and then he refused to come into his room, as if the heater was satan with an evil grin. I got him to come within 3 feet of the heater and feel "nice and warm" - to which he said "Nice and warm" because he is after all, highly skilled in repeating me.
But he would not go to bed with that heater in his room. He kept dragging me over to the closet and saying "put over there" - which is where his heater has been all summer - tucked away safely, not beckoning with it's evil orange glow of warmth.
Finally at 10pm I relented, and turned it off and put it away.
Joey bolted up into bed after that - easy peasy....
And after he was asleep, I put that heater back on!! - Wooo, score one for mom!
Thought the boy would sleep in but sadly no. I'm thinking that holiday = late nights and cranky mornings because my kids don't know how to sleep in, and probably won't until they are teenagers, or I really need them up for something.
Oh well. I have decided that no matter how cute he is, I will kick him out of bed for eating cookies.
Managed to drag myself out of bed and get dressed to see that Oh look - it's snowing again. How fun.
Came home from church around noon - we ended up getting at least another 6 inches of snow today.
Was enjoying a rather calm day in terms of the kids - I guess they aren't bored yet - or at least they dare not admit it for fear that I will send them out to shovel the driveway. again.
Of course today was also the day we destroy the lovely gingerbread house we created yesterday.
I was hoping it would last a few days, but a certain 4 yr old cannot look at that without trying to inhale it, so I thought it best for our collective sanity if I just let them eat it today. Besides - it's good bribe fodder.
"Hey boys - we're going to dig into this gingerbread house......"
"YAY"
"....Just as soon as you clean up your rooms!"
*silence*
HA! I can see the littel wheels going in their heads. They want something, but they have to clean first. I know they were trying to figure out a loophole. They could clean their rooms in 15 minutes but would rather spend 30 trying to figure out a way to get out of it.....They will be excellent lawyers one day, I'm sure. They like to argue until your ears bleed.
Still - It worked. Tidy rooms and ok let's put this lovely house on the table and take a picture....

Lovely
On your marks.....get set... (notice Duncan has some hammer destruction tool)

Hey, where's Joey?

And go!

Now when I say my kids are masters of destruction - I mean they are *really* *REALLY* good at breaking and destroying.
Oh look - There's Joey - Clever boy, got his piece and got outta there.

That look on his face pretty much sums up how he felt about the other boys pummeling poor gingerbread house to bits of ginger dust and all their karate chopping ways.
Ah but they did have fun! And that's what it's all about!
Today is officially the first day of winter and the shortest day (technically) of the year. Sure didn't feel like it, but they weren't terrible at all - just typical little boys who enjoy destruction.
4 more sleeps until the big day! I'm starting to get really excited.
Duncan is much better behaved today after yesterdays incident (in which I was a very very very mean mommy, but it worked so I don't regret it at all).

10 comments:
I am so glad that they had a good time with the gingerbread house. What a fun momma you are. I am glad that today was a better day. Hope you realize how amazing and awesome you are. Those three boys are sure blessed with one incredible mama!!!
Oh, you are such a cool mommy for letting them destroy the gingerbread house like that! Yeah!!
Could Joey be ANY CUTER in that little outfit, holding his prized piece, with that look on his face? By the way, how do you get him to wear nice clothes like those? Tyler would NEVER wear a cute little vest like that ... but I would LOVE him to, oh I would love it so much!
Oh Hannah, he doesn't have a choice. He's still not an independent dresser so that was his church outfit from this morning.
He's not verbal enough to say "I don't want to wear this" so I can pretty much dress him in anything I want.
I'm so glad you let them eat the house. M. won't let our kids eat theirs (that they made with MIL) until New Years Day. Um, gross! But he says it's a tradition.
Methinks my kids won't touch them at that point. Lily will politely say, "No thank you, I don't want to eat it."
What great fun! :)
I agree, you are a fun Mom Jenn. The boys must have loved destroying that!
Gah! Could those boys be anymore handsome? And what a cool mommy you are..not only did you MAKE a Gingerbread house, but you let them destroy it. Gabriel wants to know if you want another son! LOL
I so would have grabbed that exact same lump of roof too, me and Joey..great minds.
He looks so glorious in his church finery.
My boys are playing the 'run really hard at each other til you crash and then run to mum to show her what injuries your brother just did to you ON PURPOSE' game. Oh fun.
Oh and the chances of me even trying to so a GB house with my boys? Absolutely none. OMG.
The destruction of said house is so much more fun then the assembly!!
Love the look on Joey's face and I wouldn't kick him out of bed, I would eat his cookie!
Cathy - you make a move on his cookie and you'd be pulling back a nub. Nobody wants bloodshed first thing in the morning....
This collection of images alone tells me I need to start reading your blog. The very image of such adorable young men wielding a meat tenderizer menacingly over such a beautifully crafted house...and then Joey's expression in the final shot. Oh oh oh. I don't know whether to laugh or cry (with laughter, of course).
I need to read you, my friend. You always make me laugh, chuckle, snort, and say, "oh goodness...there's somebody out there like me".
Post a Comment