Saturday, December 27, 2008

And it's over for another year

The kids were sufficiently spoiled

We've had Turkey dinner ( X 3) and the kids are happily being entertained with all their new things.

I am desperately wanting to pack up the tree, and the decorations and all the things that have made their way to parts of the house that they don't belong in.
I want to relax - but can't really because my head feels cluttered when the house is cluttered.

Until I can get this house put back in order - I will continue to wander about in a fog picking up a sock here - a stray stocking stuffer there, and piles and piles of wrappers and chocolates and treats that are spread all over the place
Boxes that need collapsing
packaging that took a full 30 minutes to get INTO (Really, I hate manufacturers that require me to use scissors, and box cutters, 3 screwdrivers and a jackhammer to get into)
I have a bag of garbage
A bag of paper and recyclable items
a giant tub of boxes that need to be collapsed and bound for recycling.

My kitchen looks like a bomb went off - and I didn't even make a turkey dinner - there's treats and cake and cookies all over the place
There's 4 days of laundry that has been washed but we haven't had time to fold it in the last 3 days so I have a mountain of clean laundry and my room still looks like Santa's workshop after disgruntled elves have trashed it upon hearing that they won't be getting a bailout.

It was a very Happy Christmas.

The aftermath is what I dread.

No school to keep the kids from getting underfoot - and they are al wanting to drag out new toys - bake cakes in their easy bake oven while my kitchen sadly looks neglected and unloved.

Ok - enough of my whining - I'm off to bring some order to this household while the hubster is off scouting the boxing day sales for ways to spend his Christmas money and stimulate the economy as is his civic duty !

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Your house looks like every house in the world right after Christmas! I was able to spend 3 hours by myself yesterday and I cleaned like it was 1999! Yup, *that* much cleaning.

How did Chris do with stimulating the economy?

Angela said...

I have all the decorations packed into boxes and ready to be carrie upstairs. The (artificial) tree is still up and decorated, but that's more of Matthew's job. Plus, it's all the way over in the corner and isn't that much of a worry. It feels SO good to be clutter-free.

rachel said...

Hey, whine all you want! I feel exactly the same way. M. wants to wait until Jan 1 to take down the decorations, but there's no way I can wait that long. I have nesting to do, after all!

The other me said...

I am taking it down bit by bit when nobody is looking! I have to keep the tree up for Dan who has had no Christmas at all yet, he has been working and every time he thinks he has a day off they make him stay, so the tree will be here until he has been and had his presents but the rest is going. Grandpa is going home on tuesday night, H and Seth are going with him on the overnight bus...I shall clean and clean til my heart sings.

Julie Q said...

I want to take our tree down too. Darn it for loving Christmas in years past and leaving it up soooo long! ;)