Too busy to write? No. Too busy to make it entertaining? - yes, that would require some effort and brainpower - neither of which I have much of right now, due to the fact that I am A. Lazy, and B. Burnt out. and C. having a million little piddly things all needing my attention NOW.....
A recap of the past week and the week ahead.
June 25th - Hubby is called out of town - actually to the US, on business. They always give him plenty of warning. By this I am being entirely sarcastic because he usually has a day or two warning at the most. This time was no different, they let him know Sunday night, and gave him a day to arrange his hotels, flights etc. Since he had just gotten his renewed passport the week before, his company felt the need to make use of it. We don't really need a passport to go to the US (yet) but it makes things easier.
DH left Tuesday morning(27th) after I left to take the kids to school. When I got home approaching lunch he was still there because he had forgotten to leave Matthew's health card with me (He'd had it to take Matthew to the doc. on Sunday with an ear infection). Plus, he couldn't find his passport ANYWHERE. (just for the record, we didn't find it right after he left, which is usually the case with missing stuff - it's still missing.)
June 28th - A phone call from our lawyer, with info that needed my serious immediate attention and paperwork (more on this later without disclosing any details due to confidentiality, but we are involved in a class action medical malpractice suit)
June 29th - Last day of school for the big boys - Matthew's nursery school had a little 'graduation' for them which was really just a little sing song for the parents and a picture time - I forgot my camera as I wasn't expecting any kind of graduation - he hasn't even started real school yet - why would I make a big deal out of graduating nursery....
Just as we were about to leave - they had a fire alarm, which scared the living daylights out of Matthew. Finally got him out of there to do some quick errands, and then home again.
Wait for Opa the babysitter to arrive so I could take Joey to his videotaping Speech session. He performed admirably and even added another word to his inventory while on camera - "prease" (please). It was the last day of our parents course, and I have to say that I was very impressed with it. In the past 6 weeks Joey has gone from 3 words to well over 30 - still behind where he should be, but advancing so rapidly that I have no doubt he'll catch up quickly.
Raced back home so that I could relieve Opa from babysitting duty, then rush to pick Duncan up for HIS last day of school at 3pm. gather all the extra stuff that has been sitting at school all this time - extra shoes and of course his beloved paintings which he proudly showed me and which were proudly displayed for 2 days and then 'accidentally on purpose' found their way into the recycling bin. Sounds harsh perhaps, but hey, he has several more years to bring home artistic masterpieces, and we simply can't keep them all. I did keep his journal book to put in his baby book - I'm not completely unsentimental ;)
We spent the evening at my friend Julie's house - for dinner, and then came home so I could do all the things my husband normally does Thursday nights - which is the garbage and recycling. It's a big job here, as our city recycles just about everything except for diapers which is incredibly annoying.
Friday June 30th - The hubster arrived home a day early - a pleasant surprise.
Saturday July 1 - Canada Day. - Huge BBQ and Pool Party at the inlaws, and celebrating Matthew's birthday at the same time.
Sunday July 2. - Go to my parents to visit with my sister and her husband who are in town for 1 day.
Monday July 3 - Another BBQ - with Friends. Looking forward to this one, plus the kids get along great, so all this running around certainly tires them out. Have I mentioned that we are in the middle of a heat wave with all this going on? Today will be 31 degrees (87 F) but the thunderstorms we have every evening have upped the humidity level to the point where it feels like 159 outside (ok slight exaggeration, but it's stuffy and hot outside) and it doesn't seem to affect anyone under 5 - only adults feel sluggish - it gives the under 5 crowd MORE energy, with a side effect of Whineyness, and wanting to pummel each other into oblivion.
Tues. July 4 - Matthew's actual birthday. He will be 4. I will bake a cake - even if it's 100 degrees because he wants to blow out his giant '4' candle. It's a small price to pay for such a simple request. He doesn't ask for presents. He is happy with new socks and underwear because they are "new" and he gets to unwrap them. He is in love with his new fan that Oma gave him, and a new little car that Grandma gave him. My sister also got him a slip and slide which they enjoyed last night.

Wed July 5 - Duncan has his ADOS testing. Hoping to get an official diagnosis for him too.
Thurs and Friday - I will clean, clean, clean - in preparation for:
Saturday July 8th - We are hosting a BBQ bash for my parents 45th anniversary!
Sunday July 9th - Is this crazy week almost over? More legal crap expected around this time.
Monday July 10th.....-Why do I feel a sense of dread?
Tuesday July 11th - I am old. It is my birthday. Duncan thinks I am 29. I let him think that.
Somewhere in there I have to find the time to get my drivers license renewed - with picture. Good thing I just had my hair done last week. The kids health cards expire on my birthday. I have faxed in all their renewal forms but as of yet have not seen anything in the mail - so that's just one more annoying thing to worry about.
I need a vacation.
W.I.L.T.
My steam cleaner is worth it's weight in gold.
That's right folks, a whole bowl of ravioli spilled out on my carpet. A WHOLE BOWL.
We got to it quickly, and Ravioli has now been banned from any surface that cannot be cleaned with water and toilet paper!
I'd ban it altogether if I wasn't afraid my already skinny kiddies would waste away to nothing....

10 comments:
*hug* How about my birthday gift to you is to help you clean Thursday and Friday, if you'd like.
Kim
And I'm supposed to be staying with you for a VACATION?! LOL!
You made me tired just reading about your schedule. I hope things settle down a little bit so you get a slight break!
In case I forget tomorrow (which would probably be too late anyway), Happy Birthday to Matthew!!!!
I am exausted just READING your post!!
Hi Jenn,
I know you have been very busy.:(
Hope the summer days will be a little more relaxing. Looks like the Slip & slide is a BIG HIT!
LYM
I am out of breath from reading your post! Exhausted is a better word, lol. Girl you have been busy! You do need a vacation:)
Awesome photo of the boys:)
My kids have been living in the water due to the extremely hot weather, the weather alone is enough to exhaust you!
Take girl and get some rest when you get a chance:)
Tina
Wow. And i was whining about working every morning in the summer...I take it all back!!
Hugs to you!!!
Thanks for the update, you were missed :)
~Lisa~
Happy birthday darling Matthew!!! Jenn, I have mised you but forgive you.....have you time to pee and breathe and all those other boring things?? Have a great week..and birthday. My kids know how old I am but seem to think H is 38....life is very unfair at times!
Happy Birthday Matthew
I hope your legal stuff goes better then ours. I hope your legal system is better then ours too. After 8 years it still is going on and still taking way too much time to do the paper work. Not to mention the judges decissions that don't mean a thing.
I hope you get some time to rest one of these days. I know how it can be.
I enjoyed your story about the backseat driver. I get some of that but most of the time it's just comments along the line of you can go faster. I think it would drive me nuts to have one of my kids looking over my sholder to see just how fast I was going.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW!!!!
I got tired reading how busy you were. I needed a nap. Then I re-read it and needed another nap *yawn*
Hope you get to have some RELAXING fun soon!
Hugs
Julie
Post a Comment