He looks the same as he always has, except his hair was a bit messy and he hadn't shaved. He's still goofing around making jokes with the nurses, and any visitors that swing by.
I brought the boys by to see him, and they liked the bed that went up and down.
Matthew seemed to be interested in just about everything other than dad. There's a light up there. There's a fancy bed. There's lots of equipment and lights and whistles and bells and best of all - lots of BUTTONS that probably shouldn't be pushed.
In any case, Dad was trying to show them how he was hooked up to this little portable machine about the size of a Walkman (See how old I am, the 'new generation' probably has no idea what a Walkman is - OK you young'uns - think something about the size of a Russian MP3 player!) . The wires all lead to a different sticker placed along his chest. He was showing the boys all his stickers and Duncan said "Oh, yeah, I see - you got lots of stickers for being sooooo good" LOL! He's funny.
Today Dad is scheduled for an angiogram down at Sunnybrook. Hopefully, he will be home in the next few days.
On to the pirates.......
For a few weeks now, Joey has been singing a little "Yo-ho-ho" in a sing song voice. We thought it was cute, despite the fact that we had no idea where he was getting his pirate-in-training education from. Certainly, the other boys don't go around singing "Yo-ho-ho". "Arrrgggh" maybe, or "walk the plank" but never Yo-ho-ho. I even watched the Backyardigans pirate episode, wondering if that was the Yo-ho-ho inspiration. It wasn't.
So it was a mystery where this phrase originated for my youngest swashbuckler, but I have to admit that he's the cutest little pirate I've ever seen (aside from Johnny Depp of course).
Now you know that we eventually solved the mystery - and I'm just leading up to it...... right?
It was actually early in the morning (early for me - around 8am) when Captain Jack Sparrow Jr. got up - or rather I picked him up from his crib (literally, his crib) and carried him downstairs. (Imagine, a pirate afraid of stairs!)
The other boys had been up since the break of dawn terrorizing each other, undoing all the cleaning I had done the night before and stealing lollies from a giant bag I had tucked away in the back cupboard.
Joey greeted his big brothers with a "Yo-Ho-Ho" and then it hit me.
The boy is not being a pirate.
He was asking for a Lollipop.
Yo-Ho-Ho = Lollipop.
"Joey, did you want a lollipop?" I asked him - just to confirm
"YO-PO-PO" - He changed it up a bit, and jumped up and down enthusiastically.
Of course I had to give it to him. How can you say no when he's being so darn cute?
I did draw the line at "Ay-kee-Ko" though. He'll get an ice cream cone later - just not for breakfast!
The boy being cute:

16 comments:
the smallest boy sound slike he is getting cuter by the minute, I LOVE the words they get wrong, always sad when they start saying everything the right way.
Hi Jenn,
Yo-Ho-Ho !!!! How cute!
LYM,
Yay to new words! Go Joey!! I would have given in to the yo ho ho too!
I'm glad your Dad is looking good. That is an excellent sign. And he's sounds like a good patient too. :)
I'm glad to hear that your Dad is doing well, I hope he can come home soon.
Yay Joey! Yo-Ho-Ho - that is way too cute! Oh, and the photo is precious. He is really growing up now!! Tyler is starting to say more new words now as well, and it is the cutest thing ever!! I'd forgotten how cute it is when they start talking more.
I agree with Helen. When they loose thier little baby words...so sad to me.why??? I dunno.
However it is flipping adorable and I can almost hear him say it!
So glad your daddy is feeling better!
Continuing prayers...
-Lo
Adorable!!! Yo-Ho-Ho hehehe. He is getting so smart!!
SOOOO Happy to hear that your Dad is doing well. The prayers are there for you all.
~Lisa~
AWWWWW.. melts my heart!!!
So glad your Dad is feeling better!
Hugs
Julie
That is so cute!! Once when my daughter was around two she started saying what I thought was "Oh shit" which I wasn't happy about. Finally I realized she was saying "All Set" like when we ready to go somewhere. Gave me a chuckle!!
Thanks for the laugh and glad your dad is doing better!!
Glad to hear your Dad is doing better!
Joey is a cutie!
Ok, I think The pirate Yo ho ho thing is from Dora the Explorer. Does he watch that?
LOL...I was thinking Dora's pirate episode too!
Isn't it funny how those baby words become big kids words WAY too soon? *sigh*
I hope all is well with your dad. I agree...Dads are invincible.
Funny Jenn!
My kids are obsessed with Scooby Doo and they will say the FUNNIEST things... sometimes if we're in public and they say something like, "you're cruisin for a bruisin" I have to look around all alarmed and hope no one thinks they learned that from me!
Oh and I forgot to say, I hope your dad is on the mend soon.
How cute is he! this post was so funny. I kind of know what you mean. I have girl, boy, girl, boy, boy, boy, boy. I think that was God's joke. My daughter kept crying every time we said It's another boy.
He is so cute! Just adorable!
ROFL! That had me laughing so hard. Oh my goodness!!! How funny!!!
Let us know when your dad gets out. Prayers flying your way!
Post a Comment