So Fridays are starting to kind of suck for us.
After dad's heart attack a week ago Friday, he finally came home on Thursday - he is fine and taking things maybe slightly slower, but will recover fully, and for that we are thankful.
This past Friday, my father in law had a stroke.
At least we think it was a stroke.
He and his wife had been about to discuss where they were going to go for dinner, but his side of the conversation was unintelligible. Chris' brother immediately thought it might be a stroke, so they were fortunate that they took him in to emergency right away, and that they live within minutes of one of the best trauma hospitals in T.O.
He was able to walk into the emerg room on his own strength, but was speaking gibberish and not understanding what people were saying to him, seeming to be somewhat disoriented. They took him for a few imaging scans, to rule out tumours, and blood clots, but he had a seizure while in the imaging room, so they had to sedate him and put him on a breathing tube.
that's how he was when we arrived at Emerg. It was scary, and surreal and felt much MUCH too soon to be doing this.
Thankfully, the Good Lord agreed that it WAS too soon, and after several anxious hours waiting in the critical ICU waiting room, the doctors decided to ease back on the sedation and see if he could breath on his own.
Imagine my surprise when I finally got a chance to see him without the respirator and he said "We were supposed to be going out for dinner".
Of course I shot back "we went without you - and the food was awful!" Laughter is good for the soul isn't it?
He was tired, so we let him sleep, and it was a good note to leave the hospital on, as it was close to midnight and any other outcome probably would not have let any of us get much sleep that night.
He has been moved out of critical care and into a regular room, and is anxious to come home (also a good sign).
There are a few minor effects, some of which have disappeared already, and others that we hope will disappear. We continue to thank all of those who prayed for us, and sent us their thoughts and offered babysitting and all the wonderful things that good friends and family like ours have done.
This Friday nobody is to do anything except win lotteries, and spend time with friends being happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Hi Jenn,
We praise God with you for answered prayer on behalf of Chris' Dad. Give him our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
LYM
Sorry to hear about another crappy Friday. I hope all is well. Maybe next Friday will be lucky. Wouldn't that be nice! I always seem to have this kind of thing happen to me. I will keep checking your blog.
Oh my goodness, Jenn!! I'm so sorry to hear this news. I wonder if you can just skip a few Fridays until things settle down?
I'm keeping you in my prayers again. Oh, and I'm pleased to hear that your dad is doing well. I hope your FIL continues to improve and will be able to come home soon. (((HUGS)))
You are right Jenn. You are too young to be going through so much with parents. I will keep your fil in my thoughts. I hope he continues to get better and gets to go home soon.
Oh my goodness I feel horrible for not checking your blog whilst I was away. I am so sorry that your dad and your FIL have had such difficult health issues. How incredibly scary!!! I cannot imagine! I pray they are both on the road to recovery quickly!!
Oh Jenn!! How awful to have to go through that 2 Friday's in a row. I'm so sorry. Karen's Dad had a stroke in December...he's still in hospital :( You FIL's story has SO much promise Jenn.
I will pray for continued recovery for both Dads.
HUGS to you!!
~Lisa~
Sorry to hear about Rob. We trust that all will be well with him. I feel so far away in times like this! LYM
"we went without you and the food was awful!" Hehehehe!! If I collapse I hope MY fambly is witty and with-it enuff to try to cheer ME up like that!
Jeez... what a bummer. My goodness. Keep us informed.
I'm glad your Dad is doing better. I hope your FIL returns to his old self soon. I don't know if I read it right or not but did your FIL actually have a stroke or was it something else? Or do they even know!?
Laughter is one of the best medicines.
I also hope this friday is better then the last 2 fridays.
GAH! What in thw world is going on with the Jenn dads?!?! SO glad that for both of them the outcome is celebratory and all will be well. Here's hoping they both get lots of rest and laughs and loving!!
This is very interesting site... Maine inbound call centers headsets Day stock trading trading tennis leagues in lee county imported paper roses herby&aposs tennis ovidie jenna jameson Fairfax golf course va wholesale designer knock off handbag
Post a Comment