This was no ordinary bump - it sounded suspiciously like somebody jumping and thumping around in a crib.
I am familiar with this sound, as I have two boys that have gone through the crib stage, and have graduated to thumping and jumping around on a big boy bed, but at the time of this noise, they were in the kitchen washing their hands.
You see, we had gotten out the playdoh today, and made playdoh sandwiches and playdoh pets and all kinds of playdoh worms as the boys bickered about who was going to use the square stamper. In an effort to try something different, we decided to make plaster casts of their hands. Really, this is nothing more than some plaster of paris, and a round tray (that came with our kit). Pour the plaster into the tray, wait a few minutes (Package says 5 it's really closer to 10) and then put hand in it and leave a nice little plaster hand impression. Duncan thought it was great - Matthew didn't like it at all, and protested until he had his hand sitting in this quick dry cement like material - then he thought it was funny, and kept squishing it between his fingers - making it darn near impossible to get a simple handprint. Smooth it over and try again. The window of opportunity with these things is not really very big. Try too soon, and it's too soft to hold an impression, try too late and it turns hard as a rock. Still, we managed to get a semi-decent handprint out of him on the 3rd try. I sent him to the bathroom to wash his hands while Duncan washed up at the kitchen sink. Quick glance at the clock told me that I had managed to entertain the boys for all of 26 minutes (including playdoh time), even though it felt like hours.
After leaving the handprints to dry on the counter, the washed up and clean boys decided to build train tracks. As they were cooperating nicely, mummy had a chance to go check her e-mail and putter about online for a bit.
Thats when I heard the bump.
My first thought was that Joey was getting up from his nap. He'd been down about 2 hours.
My second though was that Joey was some sort of athletic genius, jumping around like that at only 17 months - Why, he just learned to walk a few weeks ago, and now he's practically doing hurdles; wow.
My 3rd thought was "I don't hear the other boys....."
Knowing through experience that strange and unusual sounds often accompany sights that can only be explained fully by taking a picture, I grabbed my camera and went to investigate the origin of the bump.
Joey's door was open.
I held the camera up and took a picture!

He was obviously having a very enjoyable time.
Open the door a little more....
And now I know why.....

Ignore the fact that big brother is completely starkers - I simply can't keep clothes on him for longer than 20 minutes when we're at home.....
Anyway, the two of them were having a ball, jumping and thumping around in the crib.
This day is going incredibly slooooooowwwwwwllllly....................................................

8 comments:
Good pic of Joey's tonsils. Tee hee.
I hope Matthew learns to keep his clothes on when winter arrives.
LYM
Gosh that is SOOO Sarah and Chloe.. they just love to play in the crib together! Course in our case it's Chloe who's taken her clothes off not Sarah ;)
Hugs
Julie
*LOL* Wow...how did you get into my house and my boys' bedroom? I've got almost that same picture! And my baby is 17 months old too!
LMAO. never a dull day is there Jenn?
~Lisa~
Marilyn - I can almost see that crayon he swallowed yesterday....Matthew doesn't like clothes - he prefers to get all cozy in a million blankets!
Ghoolie - I think its a prerequisite to being an older sibling, that you terrorize the younger one in the crib. Although mine don't look too terrified do they ;)
Lisa - Shhhhh, I found the spare key under the door mat. Your kids are as cute as mine ;)
mamatink - Nope, never a dull one.....I wouldn't mind a dull one once in a while.... ;)
Oh my.
I think I'm so glad that Mercy's crib is upstairs, and the boys aren't allowed up there. LOL
-J
poxhxdaq - pox hex da quack?
These pictures are priceless!
My little boy hates clothes too! He is sitting on the couch right now, just in his briefs, wrapped in a blanket!
Lisa
Jessica - Being allowed or not allowed won't stop them. Eventually, you will have a similar picture. bank on it. ;)
maceydoo - why do little boys hate clothes? one of the mysteries of the universe. My boys wear little boxer briefs - they are the cutest things - when they keep them on.....
Post a Comment