Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pizza Cutter Vs. Stainless Steel

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, come and prepare yourself for the showdown of the century!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In this corner - with it's rubber handle and metal blade we have Mom's Pizza Cutter deluxe model with nice grips for accurate pizza cutting every time.

And in this corner we have - Stainless steel refrigerator - made by Whirlpool. Energy efficient, and always bearing tasty beverages.

The fight was over in seconds. Furious laughter by two little boys EACH wielding a pizza cutter (yes we have several - we like pizza). The fridge lost. scarred forever by the illegal tag team duo of destruction.
The victors, victorious for mere seconds before the raucus laughter turned to tears as mean old mum banished them to their bedrooms. No storytime tonight, as mum is still rather angry, and had a hard enough time putting said victors to bed with a hug and a kiss while maintaining a stern, and stony stance - No there will be no storytime tonight. Not after a gross display of inappropriate pizza cutter use.

They are up there, saddened by their fate. Heaving sobs of "I'll be good now, I want to behave" which is all good and lovely, but doesn't make my fridge look any better.

I've calmed down now, and after washing the fridge, it's not really all THAT bad - although it is noticeable.
We had debated buying the stainless appliances while the kids were so young, because of the fingerprints.
We never dreamed that their downfall would be pizza cutters.
At least the oven is safe.
for now.
There's a whole drawer full of utensils though - maybe I should lock up my apple peeler, my corkscrew and my shishkabob sticks.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah...lock them up
and throw away the key.
:)

-Jes

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh Jenn not your beautiful beautiful beautiful fridge!!! I'm in tears :*(... oh your poor fridge!!!!!

(says Julie minutes after Sarah confesses that she's been throwing things of dubious nature down the vent in her room).

Hugs

Julie

MamaTink said...

Oh NO!!!

Must be the week for pizza cutters. I should have warned you!! Aidan took ours to the linoleum in the kitchen. Apparently, linoleum is stronger than stainless steel :)

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!

~Lisa~

The other me said...

little buggers!! Isaac sliced his fingers with the apple peeler last night but at least that will heal!! Oh my heart weeps....

Anonymous said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to.

I can only hope I keep my cool when the time comes.....

A(APRILSHANE)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn, so sorry about your fridge.

I got some key locks for the kitchen and bathroom closets. So far so go.

Hannah said...

Oh no!! Your poor fridge.
I'm sure they won't do it again. They sound VERY sorry.

I'm off to lock up my utensils...

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Wow....I cringed when I saw the picture of a pizza cutter....yes hide everything sharp in your home....before they try to brand each other. (my nephew did that to his sister at about age 8)

I'll keep your poor frig in my thoughts this week.

Julie Q said...

I'd lock up anything remotely sharp as well. So sorry about the fridge Jenn.

We love pizza here too! Too much I think. ;)

Anonymous said...

I bet you didn't even have to say anything. My guess is the veins popping out on your forhead told your boys that they done messed up bigtime.

The things kids come up with never cease to amaze me.

Lisa said...

Very happy to have bought my black texturized fridge now :) Sounds very similar to something my two young boys would have done! And I thought only my son said "I want to be good now, I'll behave" doesn't that just tear you heart out?

Spider Girl said...

Sigh, poor fridge.

But when they are teenagers they will look at the fridge and it will be a visual reminder of what you went through to raise them. :)

Jenn said...

Jessica - The utensils? or the kids?

Ghoolie - (Sigh) my beautiful fridge. I guess it's just an excuse to get another one (with built in water and crushed ice - maybe a TV too LOL)

Mamatink - Darn - I knew I should have gotten the linoleum fridge! ;)

The other me - Kisses to your poor Isaac.
Chocolate milk makes them heal faster, so I've been told.

Anon/Aprilshane - Sooooo much for you to look forward to - although I'll admit that individually neither probably would have thought up nearly the amount of mischief that they can do together. Two heads ARE better than one.

hannah- They ARE very sorry........that they got caught

Jennifer - Ouch on the branding. I'm afraid these boys could hurt each other with marshmallows. They are very creative, and I find it hard to eat steak with a spoon....

Julie - sometimes I think it would just be easier to lock them up rather than everything else....is that so wrong? ;)

Mr Happy The veins were in indicator, yes, also the volume of my voice. I can be very very loud.

Lisa - Clever of you to get the black textured fridge. I wonder why they never "want to behave" before they get in trouble??

Spider Girl If we still have this fridge by the time they are teenagers. With 3 boys, I'm sure I'll probably need an additional 1 or 2 fridges for them to fill their hollow legs. They will have plenty of reminders of the stuff they've done. I photograph most of it, for posterity. Thanks for commenting on my blog :)