Friday, October 21, 2005

Insomnia

It sucks.
I'm tired, but can't sleep - not unless it's 7:30am when the kids start waking up - sure, then I'm ready to zonk off at the drop of a hat, but at 3:00am, nope, I'm surfing online, watching Back To the Future II because it's moderately better than the informercials that are on every other channel.
I know I should go to bed and TRY to sleep. I just hate tossing and turning.

A poem - about Insomnia:

I cannot sleep, I only think
about my dirty kitchen sink
and all the cleaning I must do
before the afternoon is through

Wash the dishes, and pick up the toys
all the mess created by my boys
Fold some laundry when I have a few
and then find something else to do

I'm overwhelmed with making the bed
3 times in a row thanks to the boys who said
"Mummy look I made a boat
out of the blanket, watch me float"

Insomnia has made me rhyme
except for the very last line
It won't becuase I'm much too tired
to think - I'm going to bed!

4 comments:

Steve said...

The sad thing for me is that I already watched Back to the Future II once tonight when TBS showed it the first time at 9!

The other me said...

ugh insomnai.....ha look how tired I am, can't even spell it properly!!

Anonymous said...

I hate Insomnia too but I love your poem.
LYM

Anonymous said...

Another cure for insomnia.
Start tp pray and the devil will put you to sleep.