Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hear Ye Hear Ye

It has come to my attention that there are people who check my blog every day. EVERY DAY!! I feel honoured that there are people (ok at least one person) that thinks I have something remotely interesting to say every day - really, it's a boost to my now massively inflated ego to think that throngs of people (ok at least one) are waiting for me everyday to blog. Ah, I know it's not really the case, but let me hang onto that massively inflated ego for a few minutes more - it will be deflated like an overblown balloon momentarily just by the fact that my 3 yr old son has already spent the last 30 minutes sitting naked in front of the TV watching Dora on a Saturday afternoon, and I have let him, just so I can blog....

But now I have pressure. I can't disappoint my loyal fans (ok, fan). So in honour of Warpie, who reads everyday, but rarely posts a comment, I am changing my format - maybe even a new profile pic later on today if I'm feeling spunky. I will be blogging every day - Thats right people - EVERY DAY. I pledge to give you the day to day blitherings of my life in excruciating detail. I'm also changing the "What I've learned this week" into a daily feature called "What I've learned today" - simply because by the end of the week, It's hard to pick just the best lessons I've learned when there are so so many daily lessons in my life. 3 boys, why I'm sure I learn at least 3 lessons a day, and now you too can learn with me.
Also, because the spammers have found me, and I'm quite frankly not interested in being solicited, I may have to put the word verification back on. Necessary evil. I'll leave it off for a bit longer, but since I can't retaliate from this passive agressive form of soliting, I may have to. I prefer the telephone solicitors, at least I can put the kids on to talk to them, or pretend I don't speak english. Spammers just suck.

Today I learned that Cheesies (cheese poofs, chedder snax, whatever you call 'em) stain the carpet. If you pour a whole bag of them on the floor - the cheese dust will vacuum up, but there will still be an orange staining - similar to what you get on your fingers after eating them (eating cheesies, not your fingers), unless of course you are civilized and eat them (the cheesies) with a toothpick like my father.

We usually have a 'Friday Night" special time with the kids, buying treats and letting them drink pop, and watch a movie etc and it's all fun and lovely, except that on occasion mummy and daddy like to have other people over to socialize and have dinner with, and on these occasions, it is much easier to socialize when the kids are in bed. So this morning, the boys got up early and had their "friday night" on Saturday morning at 6:30am. Eating a bag of cheese doodles in Duncan's room, and taking my 32 bottles of flavoured water that I had bought yesterday, and removing the labels. April Fools! They don't really get the concept of April Fools, and I know pure mischief is the reason why I must now grab a bottle and be 'surprised' by what flavour it is.

Lesson #2 - If you tell your kids that the toilet seat that they decorated with shiny yellow sparkly happy face stickers is just beautiful - you will find the next day that they've added pink and purple heart stickers.
They will also think that stickers are a great decorating tool, so my cream leather couch is now covered in a rainbow variety of stars and my fridge too, oh and a few on the TV.
The real heart of this lesson is that not all stickers are equal. Some remove fairly easily, but the cheaper ones don't. Especially on the fridge.
Buy your kids magnets instead of stickers.

Lesson #3. Crayons that write underwater are great for the tub.
They are not so great for the bathroom walls. Even when I must smother a little scream at my (white) walls covered in blue and red zig-zags, I can still get a little warm and tingly from Matthews enthusiasm at 'drawing an "M", mummy, I drew an "m" for Matthew, go check". It's really hard to get mad when he's looking so proud of himself and has no idea that he's done anything wrong at all.
Buy your kids coloured soap instead of underwater crayons.

13 comments:

GClef1970 said...

Try Magic Eraser for the cheese stain. Believe it or not, it took Sharpie marker out of my family room rug!


Those crayons actually stained my tub. They have gone bye-bye, never to be seen again!

The flavored water bottle mystery sounds like fun. Perhaps I'll do that all on my own. :-)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Ohhh Ohhh I read every day (ok ok several times a day)!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

New Formats ROCK!

Love it Love it YAHHOOOO!

Thanks for the tips on the cheesies & crayons.. definitely good to know. Gunther keeps trying to ban stickers in the house but people keep buying them for us :(

Anonymous said...

Jenn
I am one of those who checks your blog everyday - I know that I don't often post comments.... I am very happy to hear that I will now have something to read everyday about my brilliant entertaining grandchildren. ...and so is Grandpa!

JMSWMBO

MamaTink said...

I too admit to being a Jenn's Blog Junkie :) I check every day too :)

Can't wait for the new format and the WILT (HEY!! What an appropriate Acronym!!! Genius I am) installments.

~Lisa~

odat_kim said...

Well I don't normally read on the weekend, just weekdays, sorry to burst your bubble, but lots of other's read every day :). Sometimes during the week I read all my bookmarked blogs 2-3 times a day, in case there's something new, Julie often blogs twice :)

I'll also read the bookmarked blogs of those I've bookmarked, and the blogs of those who comment that day.

Looking forward to the new format :)
Kim

Anonymous said...

Well I'm another daily reader. And I've been thinking the last few days that you don't post near enough! So I'm glad someone lit a fire under your butt!!LOL!!

I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I read every day. Or that is... I check every day. =)
- Nic

Julie Q said...

I too check in everyday Jenn. :)

I look forward to your daily words of...:) experience with three little boys. :)

Those darn spammers!

Hannah said...

I check your blog everyday, Jenn. Just as I check the blogs of all on my list. Everyday.
I'm looking forward to the new format and the daily words of advice!

Anonymous said...

I check several times a day (stalker? moi? nooooooo! lol)
Seriously, I love gleaning from you, hon. Daily. I totally look forward to reading the WILT (good one Losa! lol) and the daily musings! :)

Love ya girl...
-Jes

Anonymous said...

Oh good... I was just thinking, Gosh, I don't spend nearly enough time blog-surfing every day...

I had a similar experience once with a SHARPIE and my dining room table/tile floor! My 2 year old (after I "screamed" through clinched teeth, "Did you write on Mama's table with a Sharpie???") said, (DELIGHTED and PROUDLY), "I did! Look I made a..."

It was very hard to be mad about it after that.

FYI, Mr. Clean Magic Erasor removes Sharpie from wood and tile and plastic. It also removes crayon from wooden closet doors...

Heather Cady said...

I check every day too :)

Hugs,
H

Anonymous said...

Yes, I admit I also read your blog everyday Jenn(would much rather come here than BZ - lol)

Fabric crayons are also a big no-no after Courtney proudly showed me after she used them to write her name on her school backpack (with some help, they quickly disappeared after realizing they are rather permanent on any kind of cloth)

Must try the stickers in the bathroom - it needs some kind of update :)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02