Friday, January 06, 2006

Nope, not ok.....

Matthew is not ok. He is sick.
The whole house knows it.
He is not a quiet sick person.

I actually thought that after the first round of vomit, that it was just one time thing - how wrong I was.
I've been fortunate to not have any experience with a truly sick kid (so far, knocking on every wooden thing around me!)
I think Duncan has thrown up twice, and both times because he ate too much junk.
Matthew has had one other time where he threw up a few times, mostly because he had a cold, and it was mostly just mucus congestion. Matthew actually throws up quite a bit - since he has food issues, and chewing and swallowing is difficult for him, so he gags (and throws up) fairly regularly.

But today he is truly sick.

6 times sick.

And then the projectile vomiting started.
I was standing over him when he had an exorcist moment, and thats when I thanked the good Lord that we had the sense to buy leather couches (easy to wipe off) and had the presence of mind to lay a towel down with a bowl (just in case) the way my mother always did when we didn't feel well. That kind of cleanup is fairly simple - Just toss it in the washing machine with HOT water and walk away.

So now that I know he can't keep anything down, and wants nothing more than a bottle of chocolate milk (Yuck), I will have to get Chris to pick up some pedialyte on the way home from work....

He's complaining that his head hurts, not his stomach, so I'm wondering if he's having a migraine of sorts. Poor kid. I feel so bad for him.
I wish he could just close his eyes and sleep it off....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Matthew can get rid of that nasty stomach bug real soon 'cause it's no fun being miserable all by yourself. I feel I'm ready for the return of the germ bugs with my Cold-Fx and Bio-K. That and a lot of sleep will hopefully keep them away while I'm in school. As for the girls, all I can can do is nag them to wash their hands - yeah, I know, good luck with that!


Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Anonymous said...

Chris you rock. I would ask you to be my DH but David held Levi while he was throwing up then helped me clean up after him so he wins. LOL

I was at a frieds house a few days ago and her DS was complaining of a tummy ach. I quickly talked to her and left chringing. He was drinking hot chocolate at the time and she gave him a small pan to puke in - I just had to get out of there before had a mess. he did get sick and she is still dealing with sick kids.

I hope none of your other kids end up sick too.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I have no advice, but you probably knew that ;-)

Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you.

April

MamaTink said...

Oh honey!!! We REALLY need to get out asses in gear and plan that wing night!! We all need it!!

HUGS to you, and Matthew. here's to hoping the sickies are gone now.

~Lisa~

-Lo said...

Poor sweetie!!!! (Whu oh why do they crave milk when three minutes later they hurl it up?) Em does the same thing.

Usually when my kids get headaches its because of a fever.
Healing hugs to you and your love.

Hannah said...

Awww, so sorry to hear about poor sick Matthew. I hope he gets better really soon. I absolutely HATE stomach bugs, I would rather have a horrid head cold or flu anyday, so I bet he is feeling awful. And I know you'll be feeling the strain too, so my prayers and get well vibes are coming your way!!
((((hugs)))))

Julie Q said...

I hope he is feeling better by today Jenn. I hope the other boys didn't get it as well.

My hubby rescued me a few times in the middle of the night from the pukkies too. Thank goodness for men and their stronger stomachs.

Anonymous said...

Nothing bothers me more than seeing one of my kids sick or hurt.

Get well soon Matthew! Hope nobody else gets it.

Anonymous said...

Oh gross, poor baby, I hate to see projectile vomiting…it make me want to hurl too! I don’t know about the chocolate milk…wouldn’t that just curdle in his tummy and come up in chunks? What about diet 7Up? You are truly in my thoughts today!