Tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be back to telling little horror stories about what these little angels have gotten into, and other exploits, but for now, lets savour the moment, and pretend for a minute that they are always sweet and lovely, and never crying, or snotty nosed, or overtired lumps of complaining, whining, chocolate milk drinking hooligans.
I love my kids, really I do.
so here are 10 things about Joey.
1. Joey is my baby. The last born. The final hurrah. He is the result of a the largest blackout in American History that extended well into southern Ontario, and left millions in the dark. He was originally due May 15th, but arrived on the 2nd - the nurse in the delivery room told me that she had booked the week of the 15th off, because that's when all the "blackout" babies were due - and it was bound to be incredibly busy. HA, fooled her!
2. I got a speeding ticket on my way to the hospital in labour. Instead of providing an escort to an obviously about to deliver pg woman, I got a lame ticket instead, and an unsympathetic cop, who apparently thought I was faking - because it's so easy to fake being 9 months pg and in labour isn't it? I fought the ticket and won - bringing Joey with me to the courtroom as 'evidence'. I didn't need to - the cop never showed up. jerk.
3. Joey was the biggest of my babies - at a hefty 8.5 lbs - I called him my little meatball! He has continued this growth trend and remains big for his age - very different from his brothers.
4. He is easy going, and rarely cries. The other boys ride him like a pony, knock him over, and basically treat him like a pesky little brother, and he just gets back up like a little energizer bunny. No wimpy wailing from him - he will gladly join in a game of rough and tumble, yelling just as loudly as the others.
5. He loves to be scared. In fact, one of his favourite games is hide and seek, when mummy leaps out from her hiding place and scares the daylights out of the kids. They all laugh with delight, but I think Joey loves this game the best.
6. he has a lot of hair. While the other boys were bald untiil they were two, Joey has continued to amaze us with his hirsuteness. Often mistaken for a girl with his long lovely blond curls, I was planning on letting his hair grow, until his brothers decided that he needed a haircut, and did a chop job on him. I simply could not let my baby walk around with a mullet - it breaks every fashion rule known to man. Therefore, we cut his hair when he was just over a year old. I cried, but it will grow back - still, nothing is as soft as those first baby curls....
PRE-haircut:

7. He is a snuggler. He just loves to cuddle up an put his head on my shoulder and just be. I admit that I love it too, and probably baby him a little more than I should, because he is the last, and because he has me wrapped around his chubby little finger.
8. He doesn't talk - Yet. 20 months old and until last week, we had yet to hear a single intelligible word escape his lips - although now he says "bubble" with great zest, and comes rushing over when i break out the bubble wands. "bubble, bubble bubble" He is surprisingly adept at making his wants/needs known though. I can be sitting down and he will come over and press a sippy cup into my hand, being careful to curl my fingers around it so that I am gripping it. This obviously means "I want a drink".
9. Joey loves TV. I probably shouldn't let him watch it as much as I do, but he is absolutely fascinated with it, and jabbers away at it in 'joeyspeak'. We keep our TV on during the day, and the kids come in and out of the room, throwing occasional glances at it, but protesting loudly if I happen to change the channel to something interesting to me. They don't watch it - they just like to have it on in case they WANT to watch it - or a snippet of it. But not Joey - he's right there mesmerized by the glow of the idiot box. I'm sure I'm putrifying his brain in some way, letting him sit and stare, except that he tries so hard to say "backpack" when Dora comes on - so i guess maybe I could sort of count that as a 2nd word......ya think? We are getting his hearing tested this month just to make sure.
10. He loves cheerios with milk. I sit him in his high chair and he can eat a whole bowl of cheerios with milk, using a spoon, and not spill. Today he ate more than his two older brothers combined.
I love watching his personality emerge - He is generally a quiet pleasant sort of kid - but has a silly joker streak in him (I wonder where that comes from ;)

He is goofy and charming and happy, almost always has a smile on his face. He goes to bed like an angel, never fusses or cries, and waves bye bye when it's time for bed, then he kicks his feet out of the crib in a game called "You put that foot back in there!" He is sweet and cuddly, and loves the bathtub.
I love him like crazy - unconditionally of course!

11 comments:
Awww, lovely!
Your kids are awesome, Jenn!! You are one lucky momma!
Joey sounds so much like my little Lucas. Lucas was born May 1, 04 :) Must be that Taurus in them. Check out my baby Lucas' pic @ www.blondeboys.blogspot.com
(But for us, he was my husband's birthday present....we were camping and didn't even know about the blackout till it was all over!)
Oh Joey - our last baby - what a sweet boy to love...
JM SWMBO
Aw, such a sweet little boy to cuddle too. :)
Great to hear he is trying to say another word.
OMG, he is sooooo damn adorable. Of course you are spoiling him, he's your last. I think we all do that with our last one.
What a beautiful tribute, Jenn! Joey sounds so much like my Lily with the cheerios and "backpack" (which is most definitely a great word!) and climbing on the dishwasher. Great blog!
While I agree about the mullet I still do miss his beautiful curls!
He's sooo cute. I loved playing with him!!!
You just about described Jon there.
Too bad those two can't get together ;-) They are a lot alike. And Jon would soooooo love Duncan and Matthew. He loves older kids.
I have really enjoyed the 10 things about.... posts. They were great.
A
Great posts, I read all three. Loved your descriptions.
Aidan's first word was Back Pack...followed by Hi, followed by bubble!!! NO JOKE!!
And now I can't keep the kid quiet to save my soul!!
But would we change that? No we would not.
Love these facts about Joey :)
~Lisa~
He's soooooo darn cute! He sure looks like one happy little guy.
Post a Comment