In keeping with the 80's theme, that song was quickly followed by a Cranberries classic called "Zombie", which is what I feel like this morning, after staying up half the night watching election coverage. Now I am wondering if the radio station has been spying on me, playing such meaningful songs first thing in the morning. Is it some sort of code? Or am I just way too tired that I've grown paranoid now???!!
Ah yes, the election. I'm sure every Canadian blogger will be detailing their own opinions on it this morning.
Suffice it to say - we have a new Prime Minister by the name of Stephen Harper with a minority Conservative government. It's quite a radical shift from what we've had. Time will tell I guess. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. I wonder when I will see the proposed $1200 per year for child care for each child under 6. That would be an additional $3600 for our family - and would go a long way towards other things for the kids (I wouldn't need to use it for childcare as the older boys will both be in the public school system as of September).
In other news, I have finally gotten a chance today to catch my breath. It seems we've just been go go go the last week or so, which is why I haven't been able to update my blog very much. Looking over my calenday, I am amazed at how busy we truly were last week and a half. We had:
Duncan's assessment
Joey's hearing test
Take the van in for repair
Matthew's OT session (for eating)
Parent teacher interview with Duncan's teacher
A funeral
A swimming party
Another doc appt for Joey
A federal election
Not to mention we still had to get up and take the boys to school ( 3 days last week) and to church on Sunday.
I'm also treated to THIS on a daily basis


.and due to my extreme obsession for a clean kitchen before I go to sleep, I cannot rest until it looks like this.


Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night, and my beloved kitchen is suffering...
I am spent. I am tired. We've been riding an emotional roller coaster for a week with highs and lows and loopty loops, and quite frankly, I am looking forward to a nice boring dull week with nothing on my calendar - HA, I should know that it won't be boring or dull or even quiet- but at least I'll be able to breathe. Maybe per chance to nap. hey, a girl can dream right?
I actually have a job this week (a little one) so I'll be doing something for me, since I absolutely love my job. Even get a little spending money, which is good, since January is nearly over and that means that Spring is approaching, and with spring comes all my kids birthdays! They'll be 5, 2, and 4! More pictures to come soon when I have a spare moment to download!

14 comments:
Oh, I know what you mean about the clean house!! I'm obsessive about cleaning up the boys' toys. I make them put things away as soon as they are finished with them, before they get a "new" toy out. I know, my kids are going have OCD or at least have a cleaning complex, but I cannot abide mess in my home!!
I don't know how you function on such little sleep, Jenn!!! If I don't get my 8-9 hours each night I am a horrid person to live with!
Oh, and I hope you have a very boring week.
Wow...I think you walked into my house with those first pics! *L* Hope you get some rest today.
Isn't it nice to do something you absolutely love?? My boys' birthdays (4 and 2) as well are both in May...I'd love to making some extra money about now!
Wow Jenn, you've been really busy!
My kids birthdays are all in the winter. Funny how that happens isn't it? :) Between 12/25 and 3/2, all four of them turn a year older.
We get $1000 per child under 18 with our tax return. It's a good thing for us, otherwise we'd pay in. Hopefully you will see that sooner than later. :)
I hope you get to sleep tonight.
Hi Jenn,
I feel like a zombie today too. We sat up 'til after Harper's speech.I thought he spoke very well.
Sure hope the new government will be able to get some things done. "Twould be nice to get your $1200 per kid.
LYM
It's nice to know that our house isn't the only one that looks ransacked by the end of the day! LOL.
Seriously though, you have a beautiful home. I hear you on the clean kitchen thing. I'm a freak when it comes to having clean countertops before I go to bed. (Probably in part to if I leave anything out, the cats will have it on the floor or hidden it away somewhere by morning). LOL :)
~ Anita
LOL I am longing to show pics of my new house but darned if I can get it looking tidy long enough to snap it! At least H does the kitchen, wait til the boys are teens and you go to bed leaving a spotless kitchen and wake uo to evidence that they have cooked half od what was in the fridge and left the other half out on the sides because they didn't want it! Then of course there are the crusty plates left on the side.....are you depressed yet?!?
oh and our birthday's? March 11th....July 24th, July 26th, July 29th, Aug 9th, Aug 10th, Aug 22, Aug 25!
Glad to hear you and the boys are doing better :o)
Kristin
Love your stove! It's like having a toaster oven and a broiler in one....
Also, nice cleaning, I hate a dirty house before I go to sleep.....I have to clean after my dirty-birdy wife!
And I thought I had a busy schedule - Yikes! Glad to know I am not the only one who is anal about the kitchen & living room. Congrats on the new job - I have also started working 2 shifts in a nearby Pharmacy while I'm finishing school. This was SO not the plan, but seems to be working out in my favor all around :) I love 80's music and have hours of MP3's in my truck to listen to on the drive back & forth to Red Deer - it helps pass the time a lot faster.
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Goodness I’ve missed reading your blog, it took me awhile to get all the links from our old computer over to my new laptop. Okay now I don’t feel so bad, somehow my kitchen and living room manage to look like a tornado ripped through (usually after DH gets home) and I need to have it clean (I just can’t rest if its dirty)…what am I going to do once the little one starts walking.
You really have had a busy week, how did the hearing test go…I may have missed that update?
Oh to have my kitchen sparkle like that!
If that's the case, my car should always be playing "I am slowly going crazy 1,2,3,4,5,6 SWITCH!" LOL
How on earth do you find the energy to clean like that after they go to bed!? Supermom you are! :) (That's totally a compliment!!!)
Here's to a boring week :) Oh! Yay on the job!!
~Lisa~
I'm in love with your kitchen (the clean version). I can't stand a messy house either, though unfortunately, I can't say that means mine's always clean!
Post a Comment