Sunday, June 12, 2005

The weekend is here!

Yay - it's Saturday. This means that my husband doesn't have to work and can help me look after the little monsters I lovingly refer to as our children hahahaha.
Another blistering hot day today with heat alerts and smog alerts and all the alerts that go with hot humid weather. I call it smuggy. It's a smuggy day. No worries, we have our air/con cranked up and even though it's 78 degrees in here, it feels downright refreshing compared to the outside.
I took Joey out for a bike ride today. He wasn't too keen on the helmet, but being that he's only 13 months and doesn't have the dexterity to undo the buckle, he's stuck just smacking his head and whining occasionally. He did love the bike ride though - His seat sits on the front of my bike facing forward so he can see where we're going rather than sitting on the back and staring at my big bum.I took him around the block, and then put him down for a nap while I hooked up the bike trailer and took the other boys out for a ride. 3 go arounds the block and my legs are starting to feel like Jello. I'm desperately trying to coax the last bit of energy from my gams while the two in the back are yelling "go faster mommy" - Hey, they are lucky they got what they did! Got back just in time to see the inlaws pull up to the house.....
I knew they were coming, so it wasn't a surprise. The house looks like a cyclone though.

The boys insist on wearing the same t-shirts day after day, yet somehow we manage to go through 23 loads worth of laundry. I know *I* am not wearing more than one outfit a day - which is roughly 1 load at the end of the week. And baby clothes are little - I can get 25 little outfits in a load of laundry - so where the heck is all the laundry coming from?
Oh yeah, it's Matthew. Matthew causes lots of laundry. Today he begged me for chocolate milk, and then proceded to gargle with it and spit it halfway across the room all over a large white blanket. Into the wash it goes. He has also been known to help me 'empty' the dryer - all over the floor and then roll in the clean clothes.
Let me tell you something about Matthew - He has a sensory disorder (among other things) and craves any kind of physical sensation that will tickle his senses. Laundry just out of the dryer is absolutely irresistable to him. The clothes are all warm and cozy, they smell nice - it's just too tempting to him to NOT roll in them - consequently I often go into the laundry room to find my freshly washed clothes all over the floor and mixed in with the clothes that haven't been washed.
Matthew also has a remarkable tendency to do this right after he's been eating icecream or ravioli or something else that covers him from head to toe that can easily render my clean laundry absolutely for naught.

This was kind of an aimless wandering post today. The boys were actually really good today. They are always better when we are able to go outside.
One funny thing was trying to teach Matthew about fire hydrants. He keeps callng them "Hire Fydrants."
Tomorrow is supposed to be another hot one, but we are going to my parents tomorrow and Chris and I will actually get to go on a date while Grandma and Grandpa babysit!

No comments: