Thursday, June 16, 2005

The power of a kiss

I am amazed at this ability I have. This superpower to take away pain.

Matthew tripped and fell - you would have thought someone was gouging his eyes out with the wailing and screaming that was going on.

"I hurt myself" he wailed as I picked him up for a little cuddle.

He pushed me away, then held up his foot, and in between sobs asked me to
"Kiss it better"

I did, and the tears stopped - replaced by a grin, which looked amusing to me with tears still present on his cheeks.

I am the great pain killer! I am mommy.

What an ego boost.

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Mommy Magic Indeed :D

I know your hugs always make ME feel so much better...

Hugs

Julie

The other me said...

Yep, you're pretty darned good! That'll be why your boys are so great!

Anonymous said...

That's precious!!!

I have a magical kiss, too.

The lap is amazing, as well, when they are vomiting. A slight pressure on their back so they know you're there, & it makes a world of difference.

-Jes