Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why Fed Ex is LAME.

I'm a stay at home mom.

Even though I have my own business - I work during the weekends, and around my son's kindergarten schedule, and I love having the flexibility to do that. Still, it means that for the most part - even when the kids are in school - I'm at home.

This means I do things like laundry, vacuuming, housework as well as watching TV and spending an inordinate amount of time on the computer with my cyber friends - (but they are REAL let me tell you). I also answer the phone and yell at people who call me trying to solicit business because I'm on the DO NOT CALL list - and you know what that means? I'll give you a hint - It doesn't mean to call and try to solicit business. I get really annoyed with people who have the IQ of a gnat, and telephone solicitors are one step lower on the intelligence scale.
But I digress.

I'm home. Almost all the time - Unless I'm out. When I'm out it's not for very long - Just when I need a few things from Walmart and return with 14 bags of stuff, at least $100 poorer. I would say that I'm home for roughly 83% of every day most of the time.
Today was an exception.

We applied for Nexus cards for the whole family - and today was the day the kids had their interviews.
Nexus is a trusted traveller programme between Canada and the US. It allows people who go through the Nexus process to gain entry through shorter lines, and less hastle, because we've already proven to be 'trusted'.
This requires a prescreening application and then a formal interview with both Canadian authorities and another one with Homeland Security - then an iris scan and a fingerprint scan and then they send you a card and a list of super strict rules you have to abide by.

Slowly making a long roundabout way to get to my point......

My husband is taking one of the boys to the States for a few days - They booked a package deal that includes a hotel and Nascar race and the two of them are going to have some great one on one time, provided there aren't any more hoops to jump through.

We already got the kids passports last year - This proved to be somewhat more difficult than the standard show your id and pay your money and get a passport. The boys last name is not the same as ours (don't even ask) so in addition to their birth certificates, we had to get long form birth certificates (at an additional cost) that show we are the biological parents of said children. Apparently, it's not good enough to say "But they look just like me - who else's kids do you think they are?". That doesn't go over very well with the stern lady at the passport office with no sense of humour.
In any case - we got all the necessary paperwork and have a shiny new passport for each of them - and now a soon to be shiny new Nexus card that will let us travel easily and quickly between countries.

So Why is Fed Ex LAME? (yes, I'm getting around to it.....)

Because - The tickets for this wonderful event my husband booked months ago were to arrive to us from the US, via Fed Ex.

AND

Fed Ex chose today to come. The one day in the last 2 weeks that I've been out of the house for longer than an hour.

Not that that was a problem - but here comes the lame part.

I get home and see the Fed Ex notice on my door. This is the first time I have seen this notice. It states that they made an attempt to deliver today at 13:27pm.

"Last Delivery Attempt - Package will be returned to Sender - Unable to release: Signature required"

LAST ATTEMPT???? Where the heck is the first attempt.
Oh wait - I see that the waybill has several stickers on it.
I peel off the top of the 'last attempt' sticker to reveal the attempt beneath it which was 13:22, on the same day.

So their first attempt was today, and their so called 'second and final attempt" was 5 minutes later????

***THAT*** my friends, is the very epitome of LAME.

You'd better believe I called them and told them that they'd better not return my tickets to sender, because I'd be incredibly angry about it.
2 attempts within 5 minutes of each other are not really 2 attempts.

It's rather evident that the lazy delivery guy didn't want to bother coming back tomorrow - so they waited 5 minutes and slapped a 'final attempt" sticker on the waybill and stuck it to my door.

Now I have to go and pick up the package tonight - between 5 - 8.

That SUCKS Fed EX - You are supposed to deliver to my DOOR - and make two REAL attempts - not half-assed lazy 'slap a sticker on it and make her pick it up herself' attempts.

The place I pick it up for is a courier Depot - a 3rd party contractor to Fed Ex, so I can't even go in and tell them how lame they are in person.
I have to resort to calling them names on my blog.


That's lame too.


And most unsatisfying.

Here's the proof of FedEx's Lameness.
Photobucket

and underneath:

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenn said...

sorry the pictures are so big.....how lame.....

Anonymous said...

Very lame! Here they won't even attempt to reach my front door. Apparently the Fed Ex guys fat arse is to big to make it to the 3rd floor. He goes straight to the office and I get a phone call from them. Nice.

I know you said not to ask, but now I'm curious. Non matching last names? I am intrigued.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I feel your pain, Jenn. I had MANY unkind words which cannot be repeated on here about 2 years ago when they pulled the SAME stunt on me for DD's Christmas gift (the ONLY thing she wanted I had to order online & wait for them to deliver it) I also ended up driving across town in a blizzard to pick up the package myself. Guess they lost their contract 'cause now the boys in brown deliver for me, and my bro works for them which helps a LOT with the customer service aspect.

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Sara P. said...

That does suck... :O(
But your telling the tale made me giggle. You always do!

Julie Bo said...

grrrr UBER lame!

J said...

Yep. I concur. Today I called FedEx to have them pick up a drug test. 5 hours later, still no pick up. So I called back. The idiot says "Someone did pick it up. At the desk." Me: "No. I am at the desk. I have been at the desk. The package is still at the desk. The desk where I am. Have been all day. The desk where nobody has picked up the package. Want me to go on?" He said "Hey lady. I get that your package is still there. But we picked something up, and it's being shipped to (fill in the blank) address." Me: "Well. You're sending them the wrong damn thing." and I hung up.

Idiots.
LAME!