Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fun with numbers

200 - The number of posts I've had since I started blogging. That is why in honour of my 200 tales of very mischievous but totally awesome boys, I am making this one, all about *the numbers*.

8372 - comments I expect to receive. Thats right - go tell everyone on your blogroll to drop me a note and congratulate me on not completely losing it yet. I've been blogging a little over a year, and really, it's only a snapshot in the album of chaos that goes on around here. (ok, I'll settle for 200 comments ;) )

12 - the number of bright red juice stains on my light beige carpet that I woke up to at 6:52am Monday morning.
You see - a few days before that, my oldest son had asked me "What is that?" While pointing to my spray on carpet deodorizer. I'm sure you've seen these things - it's a can of compressed foam that you spray on to the carpet, and then a few minutes later vacuum it up and your house smells all 'meadow fresh' without too much effort. Of course, knowing that compressed anything is far too fun in the hands of a 5 yr old boy, I told him that it was carpet cleaner, and that he didn't need to touch it. I thought I was saving myself from little boys having a smelly foam fight and wasting the entire can in one hour.
Imagine my chagrin when I awoke monday morning to verry berry juice all over my carpets, with a 4 yr old "pouring" and a 5 yr old "cleaning' it ----with carpet deodorizer.

2000 - dollars we've saved by investing in our own steam cleaner. All 12 glasses of juice came out of my carpet.

1 - Very very nice ,size 4, charcoal grey pinstripe suit that arrived by post yesterday.

2 - boys that want to wear the very very nice charcoal grey pinstripe suit that arrived yesterday.

14 - pictures I took of said boys in the charcoal grey pinstripe suit that arrived yesterday.
A few examples:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Duncan of course did not want to take the suit off. He was rejoicing in the fact that he looked "Like a boss now"
He walked around saying "I'm the boss" and "You're fired" and having a ball.
I had to make him take the suit off to get into jammies last night, and so I hung it up in Matthew's closet and went to change a diaper and get the baby in his jammies. When I checked to see if the big boys were making any progress, Duncan had the suit down and was fiddling with the button of the dress shirt.

"What are you doing? It's time to put jammies on, not the suit!"

"But Matthew wants me to put the suit on one more time"

"No, we're putting the suit away now, put jammies on"

"Well I have to wear the suit - How can I be the boss if I don't have a suit?"

"You can be the boss of your room - in your jammies"

"Well if you don't let me put on the suit, I'll shrivel up and DIE"

At this point I was literally laughing out loud and had to leave the room.
I took the suit and hid it in MY closet.
I'm planning on letting them wear it for school picture day. It fits both of them, they are more or less the same size, and go to school on different days....but I still think I'm going to need another suit.

154 - days that Duncan has been 5. He told me this today. I looked it up, and by golly, the boy is right! Sometimes he just floors me.

13 - socks I found in the laundry this week that have NO MATES!! ARrrrrgggg Where the heck do they go??

43 - candy wrappers I found in Duncan's toybox. Matthew had stolen a bag of rockets and I found all the 'evidence' buried where he thought I'd never look. (yeah right).
The funny thing was that he didn't eat them. I found them all in his Christmas stocking that he's been dragging around all week. It was chock full of the little wee candies, enough to fill the whole foot part. They are now in a ziplock on the highest shelf of the tallest cupboard. Apparently the boy doesn't learn too quickly, because last week he opened up 8 packages of PEZ candy that I'd intended to mail out. He ate all of those though. they were unsalvageable. He got a weeks worth of sugar in about 14 minutes which served only to make him louder than usual...his punishment was no chocolate milk for the day (a fate worse than death to him, but I needed an excuse to cut out his sugar intake for the rest of the day). But again, like I said, he doesn't seem to learn consequences very quickly.

WILT: While leather couches are practical for the most part, teeth marks don't wipe off.

Now get commenting! ;)

42 comments:

odat_kim said...

Eight Thousand, three hundred and seventy one comments to go :)

The boys look fabulous in the suit, they'll be models or actors one day with those poses ;)
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Congrats on your 200th post.
The boys look gorgeous.
LYM

Anonymous said...

Count me in on those people that love to read your blog & see your great pics. Need more posts tho but you have 3 good reasons to be busy ;)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Julie Q said...

The boys look so grown up in the suit! Great shots of them Jenn. Very, very cute.

Steph said...

Your house sounds eerily like mine on any given day. I cleaned the remains of an entire loaf of cinnamon swirl bread out from under Reed's pillow this morning.

And we don't have carpet anymore for just that reason. None. And it makes me very happy. =]

Hannah said...

Congratulations on 200 posts!!

Oh. My. Goodness. Could your boys look ANY cuter?? I need to get one of those suits!!!! But I think I need the photographer as well ... fancy a trip to Down Under?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 200th post Jenn. I still think there's a book in your blog...

I love the beautiful pictures - they look so cute and grownup.

JMSWMBO

Anonymous said...

I

Anonymous said...

totally

Anonymous said...

plugged

Anonymous said...

your

Anonymous said...

on

Anonymous said...

both

Anonymous said...

of

Anonymous said...

mine

Anonymous said...

so

Anonymous said...

you

Anonymous said...

better

Anonymous said...

make

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love ya!

Alexis said...

You have cute kids. :)

Jenn said...

WTG Jenn on your 200th blog. Your boys are absolutely gorgeous as normal. Duncan does look like a boss, but if he fires his mommy, then who will give him Chocolate Milk?? ;)

Congrats again

mom of 2 said...

the pics of the suit are too cute!!! I think I'd have to hog tie my son to get him into a suit...he won't even wear shirts with buttons on them!!

congrats on 200!!

The other me said...

My parcel came today and I am a bit happy the Pez didn't make it, Isaac can't seem to eat them without dropping and crunching them! I love my leather couches but Eli found a pen that doesn't come off....ack!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great I love the suit. The boys look so handsome. Just beautiful.

I was thinking it probably didn't take Duncan long at all to figure out how long he was 5, but us adults, probably aren't half as smart.

I never thought about teeth marks and leather. I guess that is a problem.

At least the carpet cleaner came in handy.

I'm the boss...now that is hysterical!

odat_kim said...

I just keep having to come back to look at the pics of your handsome boys and see how close to your comment request level you are.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hope this gets you closer to your request...if only a weebit :) Love the pics of the boys, but I already told you that! Love your blog, but I already told you that too!
Thanks for sharing these glimpses of your life with us (and those goregous boys too!)

Anonymous said...

Ooopssss...The anonymous above is me...I mean Jackie (benjackand2).
Well, look now...I put you 2 closer to your request :)

Ravenbajan said...

Hot diggity dog! You got two little cuties in that suit. They look adorable! Watch out GQ!

(Jordyn asked me if that was a prince! LOL)

Julie Q said...

I was just checking in and adding to your total. :)

I hope you having a good day with the boys Jenn. Have a great weekend!

GClef1970 said...

Adding to the total of your comments. :-)

GORGEOUS SHOTS!!!!

Carpet cleaners are a must-have with boys. I'm convinced that they should be given out at the hospital.

I wonder if Duncan has been counting each day since his birthday. Hmm.

Oh, and I probably have your sock's mates. They took a holiday to Florida.

Anonymous said...

I just love how adorable your boys are and how handsome they look in the suit! Those are just gorgeous pictures!

Ravenbajan said...

Oops. Gosh, darn. Did I already post a comment? Hmm... Must have forgotten already. So sorry, I guess you are up one more...

MamaTink said...

Are you seriously going to let those boys leave the house in that Suit?! Are you CRAZY?! Have you SEEN the GORGEOUSNESS!!! Wow Jenn. Wow.

~Lisa~

saheldormparents said...

39- The number of comments you have so far!
54- (or less)The number of days until your nephew will be born! YAY! (hopefully less)
53- (or less) The number of days I have to pack before said nephew arrives! Yikes!!
Oh JEnn, I'm so glad the boys like the suit. That is a great idea to have them get their pictures taken in it since they have two different picture days! As long as Duncan doesn't fire anyone at school!
Hilarious story about the juice and cleaning it up with air freshener. They weren't really trying to be naughty, they wanted to see how it worked! I guess your carpet was too clean and it needed to be messed up! Sorry it was so early in the morning!
LYM! btw in the US Rockets are called smarties! That is probably the main reason why Americans don't understand that smarties in Canada are candy coated chocolates!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my goodness, they are so cute! I think you should blow up the b&w pics and display them. They look like little models!

Julie Q said...

Woo hoo! Up to 40 Jenn. 41 with me again! ;)

Anonymous said...

You are my rock!! I followed your link from BZ and love to read your blog when you have time to post and I have time to read...which isn't too often these days with my commute into Toronto every day (5 hours round trip).

I love the boys photos! I considered asking DH if we could hire you to come to Orangeville and take pictures of Natalie and Ian in the fall colours. But I thought I had best ask you first! We are up highway 10, about 40 minutes north of Pearson Airport.

Ian is sick again though...he is a thumb-sucker and now picks up everything going in daycare since we fired our nanny (now sister-in-law if you can believe that) in June. I tried to cut his hair last night but he went bizerck.

I hope you reach your goal. I have to take the early (1:00) GO Train home to relieve dh who is staying home today.... My e-mail is gail.brown@ene.gov.on.ca I would love to hear from you.

Gail

Kate said...

Have come across your blog a few times and keep meaning to post that you take the best pictures! You have a great sense of composition and emotion. These pics of your boys are awesome. Is that with the digital camera you bought recently? I'm still a film freak, but I'm seriously considering investing in at least one digital SLR to add to my collection since it will make it so easy to post the pics on my blog.

And, I also am the mom of 2 boys, so your blog title intrigued me. Keep on shooting pics, you do a great job.

Anonymous said...

1 - my first wedding anniversary this week.
2 - birds.
3 - brother-in-laws.
4 - parents (2 just left the province after severals weeks of visiting).
5 - major renovations projects on the go at work ($1m plus defines major).
Hows that!

Lisa said...

OMG those pictures are absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I love it. I seriously love it. I love that he wants to be a boss. And I love that he loves the suit. Like a little mini man! How cute! And BTW you take great pictures.