Wednesday, March 01, 2006

it's "Fat Tuesday"

Ah finally a day I can rejoice over!

Fat Tuesday - also known as "shrove Tuesday" but I'll just call it Fat Tuesday, and eat as many chocolate easter eggs as I want, because hey, Walmart is selling them already, knowing full well that I will gobble them up looooooong before Easter arrives - thus having to go out and buy more later on down the road.

Nevertheless, I'll eat as many as I want today because it's FAT tuesday. I had pizza instead of the traditional pancakes - I thought it was more fattening, and I do so want to honour this day - a day that celebrates Fat. Yippee! I'm finally hip and more importantly, I can dip into that ice cream thats in the freezer completely without guilt - in fact it would be a crying shame if I didn't give that ice cream a taste. It's practically begging me.

My 'baby' is going to be 2 in May. I think that I am officially not allowed to call the extra poundage 'baby fat' once the 'baby' is walking around, jabbering away, and/or starting kindergarten in the fall. (that's my other 'baby' who will be 4 in July!)
So since I no longer have my built in fat excuse - I am so thankful that they've finally created a day for real women such as myself who are not living on celery and V8 juice, and wear something larger than a size 2. (ok size 12, but I can get into a 10).

So yes, a wonderful idea this Fat Tuesday is - to honour us who.....

What?



It's not?



Well than Why do they call it FAT Tuesday?????



oh nevermind.


I'm still eating that ice cream though.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL I LOVED it! Thanks for the laugh this dreary March morning!

Hannah said...

Oh no! I completely forgot about Shrove Tuesday! I was going to make pancakes for dinner. It is not a very big thing here in NZ, in fact most people don't even know what it is, so it was little wonder that I forgot.
I've never heard it refered to as Fat Tuesday though!! Nevermind, I had a Fat Wednesday instead, since I stayed home from work with bad period cramps and pigged out on junk food and watched DVDs while my house was completely quiet (kids at daycare)!! Hooray!
I'm glad you enjoyed your Fat Tuesday. LOL about the Easter Eggs. I can't believe how soon they are in the shops these days, it makes the whole "resisting Easter temptations" thing very hard!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
I always say I'm on a "Sea Food" diet...I see food...I eat it. Oh well, I'll die fat and happy. There are so many things out there that they say are not good for you...or they cause heart trouble or cancer or whatever.. So I just eat everything in moderation and when it's my time to go I'll be gone.
Enjoy your ice cream!
LYM

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

He He He... oh man tho.. now you have me thinking about the ice cream in the freezer! YIKES!

the mystic said...

Ha! We had "EXTRA Fat Tuesday" here too...

Julie Q said...

Eddie's birthday is tomorrow. We are having Fat Thursday here. ;)

Enjoy those chocolate eggs. Yummy! I'm waiting for Easter for mine. ;)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!!!!

*if only I could laugh my butt off!

-Lo said...

hahahahhahahaha!!!

The other me said...

Those eggs get put in the shop on boxing day over here!! I haven't had any yet ( unless you count the whole bag of truffle filled mini ones ) I love the idea of fat tuesday excpet this is thursday ...did I take a raincheck? Today will be my fat day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggles. :)
My fat tuesday was anything but. I ate crackers & sipped sprite all day.

saheldormparents said...

Glad you enjoyed your Fat Tuesday Jenn, but now what will you go without for Lent? That is what Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday which is the beginning of the 40 days of Lent which remind us of the 40 days Jesus spend in the desert not eating or drinking in preparation for his earthly ministry. Now we have lent as the forty days leading up to Easter. So Fat Tuesday is the last day to fatten up before you deny yourself during Lent! I was going to celebrate Lent this year by going without dessert, but I just caught myself eating cookies, does it count if you are completely in a trance and not thinking about it? LYM

MamaTink said...

LMBO!! I am always looking for an excuse Jenn...Fat Tuesday is perfect!!!

~Lisa~

Ravenbajan said...

Aw, man... I completely missed it. I forgot it was good ole Pancake Day / Fat Tuesday, until somebody mentioned it to me on Wednesday.

That's okay. I can have a Fat Thursday instead. Both days start with a 'T'... it's gotta count for something. :)

Now, where did I hide that can of Pringles again?.....

Jenn said...

Lisa - You're welcome!

Hannah-The cadbury recall makes it easier to resist.......but only a little bit.

mom- you are in Florida right now - you are enjoying sunshine and warmth - I wish I could have snuck into your suitcase....I'll settle for chocolate.

Julie Julie b.b.-Sorry, I will have to eat all of your ice cream too, so you aren't tempted. Thats the kind of good friend I am!

Real mom-Extra fat Tuesday eh? Hmmmm, I may have to visit you :)

Julie q-Happy Birthday Eddie. Cake is a bonus on Fat Tuesday!

April-Laughter is bountiful around here. Unfortunately, so is my bum!

Lo-laughter is infectious - You always make me smile!

the other me-I always accept rainchecks :)

Jessica-You've been sick - Here, take a raincheck ;)

saheldormparents- ASH wednesday? I thought it was ASS wednesday - you know, because it's so much bigger after gorging on Fat Tuesday - payback you know.

Mamatink-I do what I can. Now if I can just find an excuse for not doing laundry.....

Ravanbajan>-s'ok - I've been giving out rainchecks left right and centre. Sorry, I ate the Pringles - thats just the kind of friend I am.....I'm saving you from big ass Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Can I do a FAT friday...? We had a FART tuesday (avoid soy chips like the plague!)...