Tonight as I was putting my oldest son to bed, I let him play with his leapster in bed. He's pretty good about it - plays for half and hour, then turns it off himself and goes to sleep.
The leapster has a lot of neat features, one of which is the ability to customize it with your own name - In fact, this is how I used to tell them apart, before matthew went and chewed his pen into an instantly recognizable "Oh that's MATTHEW'S Leapster".
Tonight however, as I peered over my oldest son's shoulder to kiss him goodnight, I saw that he had customized his in a very special way;
"Duncan" I remarked, "That's not your name"
Because this is what I saw:

To which he responded:
"Well yes it is, because I'm not Duncan, I'm Buzz Lightyear"
I kid you not - He spelled it himself. Not bad for a 4 yr old eh?

14 comments:
Awww, that's cute. Andy likes Buzz Lightyear too.
Kim
What a smarty pants! That is very cute. Ethan is also obsessed with Buzz (& Woody), along with spiderman, batman, superman, actionman, .... BOYS!
That's excellent!!
Smart little 4 year old you have on your hands there!
Excellent for a 4 year old! I love that Jenn. :) So cute and smart too!
Hi Jenn,
My brilliant grandkid rides again. Yeah Duncan!
LYM
Buzlater!
I love that!
These blogs are going to be a treasure to your boys one day!
Wow! What a smart little cookie you have there!
Wow! That's awesome!!!
I'm seriously going to get one of those for Zachary for his bday in May!
Clever boy!! We love Buzz here too, in fact gramma's insane kitten is called Buzz lightyear....named by Sam, aged 2 1/2.
Very cool! I got a huge smile on my face when I saw the picture of the name he chose. Gabe loves Buzz Lightyear too.
Kristin
That's cool!!!!!! Too cool!
He is BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT I say! Keep up the good work Duncan.
Thursday's a go.. already informed the Hubbie.. sadly I won't have the care so it'll have to be in M. if that's ok?
Hugs
Way to go Duncan! What a smart guy he is.
Oh very good...its so close!
Post a Comment