1. March " break " does not mean a break for the parents by any stretch of the imagination.
2. Kids get up a lot earlier in the morning when they don't have to go to school.
3. There is enough popcorn in a bag of SmartFood to cover 1/2 of the dining room floor (I have pictures of this one).
4. 3 kids plus 2 adults in Walmart is not a 1:1 ratio - that means that at least one kid will get lost.
5. It takes 4 seconds from the time you tell a Walmart employee that your 3 yr old is missing for them to pick up the phone and announce a "code Adam" (Don't worry mum, we found him.....)
6. Boys like tea parties as much as girls do - and will wake you up at 5:30am to ask for one.
7. A large roll of paper is much more fun for a 3&4 yr old if it is stretched out across the living room and trampled upon.
8. It takes less then 1/2 an hour for 2 boys to cut the crusts off of a whole loaf of bread.
9. A very small toy can produce a large chip in the wall when it is hurled across the family room.
10. Styrofoam CAN hurt
11. Mirrors sprayed with Fabreze are actually kind of hard to clean.
12. The smell of Fabreze lasts a really long time when half the bottle is sprayed in the upstairs bathroom.
13. The toilet seat really does look better with the addition of several sparkly yellow happy face stickers....
Thank goodness they are back at school tomorrow....
ETA: I'm thinking of making this a weekly feature on my blog - Every Monday morning. I learn a lot every week, I may as well share my 'wisdom' with the rest of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
ROFL!!!
Thanks for the heads up, Jenn. Courtney's break is next week, so I should come up with some things to entertain them before I end up shipping them off to the lowest bidder on Ebay!
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
lol! After the morning I've had, I really needed that laugh! I'll admit it took all the way to #13 to get a giggle out of me, but it was a sincere one ;-)
Thanks Jen.
Lets not forget ... 2 Kindergarteners are 2 too many when piled on top of a Little Tikes Play House :)
Hugs
of course you're right Julie - I just wrote what came to my mind first thing this morning. It's been a long week as you can tell - and your visit was one of the bright happy moments where I thought they weren't getting into much mischief ;)
I forgot to add that socks can get just as muddy as shoes, and that there's a limit to how fast and hard you can rock on a yard swing before it tips over.....
Oh my goodness Jen. With four kids, I don't think I've ever learned that much in a week.
My boy is a also a tea party lover. Thank goodness so is his 16 year old sister. :) Want to borrow her? She's excellent with children. :)
I'm cracking up!
My March NONbreak is next week and my husband happens to have to work OUT OF TOWN THE WHOLE WEEK! Thankfully my mother is coming to the rescue.
Your posts here are starting to make me think my boys are actually just normal little boys. How can that be?????
Thanks for warning me of what I can expect in a few years! I think you definitely should start a weekly feature - I always learn SO much from you and your boys!
I laughed my entire way through this... because it hit too close to home!! (especially the Febreze part).
*LOL* Once again a great post Jenn! I think it would be a GREAT weekly post!
You are HILARIOUS!!!
8. It takes less then 1/2 an hour for 2 boys to cut the crusts off of a whole loaf of bread.
That is too funny!
Defintely true on the break bit on parents. I keep feeling like today is Saturday..the longest weekend ever!!!!
So glad we found each others blog. I forewarn you...my blog is not that exciting but I am so glad to get to know each other more.
This explains why you were gone for so long. I guess it is hard to blog when your house is full of boys! Good luck getting them back into routine! LYM
Go on, admit it...you've been in my house haven't you??? All except my house doesn't smell of lovely febreze.....I'm not sntirely sure what my house smells like but I know it's not febreze, or even lovely.
Hi Jenn,
Well said. Thanks for sharing. You sure know how to express your experiences into entertaining thoughts of wisdom. Re #5..Sure glad you found him. I almost had a heart attack when I read that one.
LYM
LOL... Sounds like you had an interesting March Break to say the least!!
Yes, we definately should get together sometime. I'm in your town at least once a month or so visiting my parents, and more so in the summer. Funny enough, I'm in the Wal-Mart there often, and last time I thought of you when I walked in the doors and saw the useless greeter. LOL!
Jordyn is a HUGE fan of the park and splash pad down at the lakefront. I wish that thing was there when I was a kid! We should arrange to get together sometime this spring/summer. I'd love to meet you and the boys too.
Oh heavens, I just read your blog outloud to hubby and then had to explain that you had three boys...he said we should use your blog as a remind about why birth control is so important...(he was laughing as he said this...he really can't wait until we are a family of five ourselves)
Post a Comment