Today is Andrew's birthday. It's hard to believe that 6 years ago to this minute (6:11pm) I was holding him, looking at his every perfect detail.
Today as I look around my home, and see his 3 brothers, running, jumping, yelling "to infinity and beyond", fighting squabbling and just generally being little boys, I have a mixture of emotions.
It is a good day for me not to take my kids for granted.
It has been good for me to miss my first born, and to hold my kids today and tell them I love them, and to be thankful that they are messing up the house, opening the refrigerator without permission, whining for 'cheese' and asking me to play with them.
February here tends to naturally bring out the blahs, and I have certainly felt them this month. Nothing like capping a giant BLAH month with an emotional BLAH right at the end!
So BLAH, it's almost over.
2 more days until March.
Here's something weird.
We were over at my parents house yesterday, and my dad was showing the boys how to line up dominoes, and watch them fall. They thought it was hilarious. So I had dominoes on the brain I guess..
I had a dream last night that I Joey was running away from me with some dominoes, and I was chasing him and he turned around and said "Mummy, I'm going to bury the dominoes"!
I think I was just taken aback that he spoke an entire sentence when in reality he doesn't say more than a handful of words.
I woke up, and honestly believed for a minute that he could really talk.
Of course I went to get him and he said "goobidabi mabalagobidab baba", so it really was just a dream.
He did say "bobble" a few nights ago - He was tired and wanted a bottle to go to bed with.
It's the first time he's ever used a word to communicate a request (as opposed to me saying a word and him repeating it - he'll say about 5 or 6 words that way). Anyway, I am pleased with his one word request. It means a lot to me.
I am signing with him now, but it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference yet.
Not much of an exillerating blog I'm afraid. The February BLAH's are evil and must be destroyed - they are sucking the joy out of everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Happy Birthday Andrew. You are missed and always will be.
Hugs
Julie
Hi Jenn,
How well I remember that wee Andrew cradled in your arms. Can't believe it's been 6 years. How time flies.
I can just see Joey running off with the dominoes! What a crazy dream!
The February blahs are almost over. March is coming. Will it come in like a lion or a lamb? Who knows? It sure is cold.
LYM
(((Hugs Jenn)))
Happy Birthday to Andrew.
Happy Birthday to Andrew.
I bet he watches those crazy brothers of his from heaven and laughs along with them. I don't think any son of yours could help himself :-)
Good luck with the signing. I'm sure it will make a difference, but it will take time. Like all good things do. Tyler's just started talking during the past few weeks, and his acquisition of words is much slower than Ethan's was, but oneday I'm really going to miss hearing "gabba tigga lala booga bumbumba googa" as he toddles around the house!
Happy Birthday Andrew
(((((HUGS))))) Jenn!!!!
Natalie
Happy Birthday to Andrew
Sorry about the Blah's, I hope that March brings you lots of smiles and laughter.That is so great that Joey used a one word request. It took awhile for Griffin to catch on to signing but once he did he took off with it. The ones that he learned first "more" & "please" got him what he wanted so they're the ones that were most motivating.
Big Big Hugs to you and the boys
(((HUGS))) Jenn and Happy Birthday ANdrew. He shares his birthday with my wonderful mother. :) Must be the day of saints.
It's good to hear Joey saying bobble and communicating his request. Won't be too much longer now and he'll be saying those full sentences!
Hi you don't know me but the title of your blog caught my eye. I am a mother of 6 boys and two grandsons so I know all about the antics of sons. Hang in there, the teen years are the most fun(I really mean it) Sorry for your loss!
Happy Birthday little Andrew and big (((Hugs))) to you Jenn. I can only imagine how you must feel.
This might sound strange, but I wanted to thank you for your post. I've been having my own 'blah' day today. I just finished blogging about it, and came over here for a laugh to try to cheer myself up. Instead I find this touching blog, and a few things you said hit me hard today.
You are right. It is a good day not to take our kids for granted. I'm going to go right now to hold my daughter, kiss her, and play whatever she wants. As for this giant mess in the family room that was irritating me a couple minutes ago in my (very) foul mood, I'm just going to be thankful that it is even there in the first place.
Thanks.. without knowing it, you said something that I needed to hear.
Jenn,
I love you friend. Biggest hugs!
Happ Birthday, Sweet Andrew.
-j
February is the month of blahs....I've missed you, Happy birthday Andrew.
Dear Jenn,
Sorry I missed Andrew's birthday. I did have it on the calendar and I still missed it. Sorry. I thought of you a week ago but I wanted to call you yesterday. I love you more.
J
Oh Jenn you broke my heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. And in the name of cyber hugs I'm going to stop being annoyed that my house is still a mess tonight.
I do tend to forget to thank God for my baby, and you always seem to find a way to remind me. So I thank you too.
((((((((((Big Hugs)))))))))) to you and your family. I'm sorry I didn't read this on the right day, but Happy Birthday Andrew! Your mama is a wonderful lady ;-)
Happy Birthday Andrew!
And happy March to you!
Hey Jenn, I only look once in a while but, this one caught me. Mom and dad are here this week for another round of court hearings surrounding the crash. Your Andrew birthday blahs hit me extra hard as mom just tonight was expressing how hard it was for her to hear Wayne's voice during the playing of his last transmission in court. Tough stuff. Don't know if I'll ever know the heartache but my heart goes out to you both. Tears.
Post a Comment