Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The picture.

All I wanted was a picture.

A picture of the boys in their matching sweaters.

they were sitting there so nicely, not fighting, until I pulled out a camera and asked them "Can I take a picture of you in your nice sweaters?"

Of course they said "sure" and proceeded to pinch, kick, lay down, wrestle each other to the ground and pretty much do everything in their power to ensure that any picture I took was a jumble of arms, and legs, scrunched up faces, and fake smiles.


this was the best I could do.......It took 17 pictures to get this one.


Image hosting by Photobucket

I would like professional family pics - but if I can't control 2 of them for 30 seconds, what makes me think that some hapless photographer working at Walmart portrait studios is going to be able to coordinate all 5 of us into a work of art?
Dare I even try?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
It's always worth a try. Duncan looks quite subdued and Matthew is hamming it up as usual.Love the feet! Maybe a strange photographer could shock all three kids into a wonderful pose. On second thought, perhaps you should wait 'til November. They'll be that much older and pics would be done for next Christmas.
Nice sweaters!
LYM

Anonymous said...

I say go for it! If you don't like them you don't have to buy them.

Good luck ;-)

Hannah said...

I know what you mean, I find it very hard to get pictures of my boys sitting nicely together!
But the pic you did get is VERY cute. I love the sweaters!!!

Also, I think you should try going for a professional photo shoot. In my experience, kids are exceptionally well behaved when it is somebody else (and NOT mummy) taking their picture. Ethan always does silly cheesy smiles for me, but when they had prof pictures done at preschool he came home with a page FULL of awesome proofs, every single one was perfect. So maybe, just MAYBE, your boys would behave like angels for a stranger ... it is worth a try!!

The other me said...

and I know these will be the most precious pics when they are surly teenagers who won't go near a cream arran sweater for any amount of money!! They are divine and our house is devoid of all professional pics for exactly the same reason! Sigh.

Ravenbajan said...

I think that picture looks adorable! You know, your boys could easily pass for twins!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I think it's an awesum picture.. how could two such gorgeous creatures ever take a bad one???

Diamond said...

OMG, they are soooooo adorable. What do you mean they won't sit still for a picture?!! Those little angels! OK, enough bullshit, except for the sooooooo adorable part.

The perky little picture takers at Wal-Mart all start looking panicky and trying to find a place to hide when I show up with my grandchildren. We've obviously been there before. If you haven't been, come on, give them a treat!!

Lisa said...

I can't believe how much alike they look...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little look at how cute I am look! :) We had our family pic done at Olan Mills and the photographer was the best I've EVER seen...one kid is usually okay to photo but both? Never...but this guy did it!

GClef1970 said...

Jenn -

We had to have professional portraits done at church in August for the church directory (the entire church was doing it). I had a panic attack just thinking about it, knowing it was just going to be a disaster. I also knew that I wouldn't be purchasing any of the shots because I was imagining crazy shots.
Surprisingly enough, Conor wiggled and squirmed all over the place but the photographer was great! Here is the link to the shots. We ended up picking #5!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5080/734/1600/portraits2.JPG

the mystic said...

Oh I have SO been there! LOL They're cute anyway.

I linked to you from my blog today.

:)

Anonymous said...

low interest home equity loans