Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Walmart does NOT get credit for this.

If you read my previous post - you'll know that I have some "complaints" about the quality of "Walmart Portrait Studios" - which is in quotations because the only thing truthful in there is the word Walmart. It's not a studio - it's a closet, and they aren't portraits, they are crappy pictures taken by disgruntled employees probably hung over or stressed out about school exams - in any case they have no photographic background or talent except for knowing how to push a button, and make babies cry. They should work for the DMV, or stick to passport pictures

Nevertheless, I will take full credit for the following pictures looking acceptable, as I accomplished something through the magic of Photoshop that Walmart would never be able to do, make us look 'normal' and not like escaped convicts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

17 comments:

Jenn said...

Jenn, You did an great job Photoshopping. That picture looks like that was the way it always was.

I too find Wal-Mart photo studios to be just fustrating. You can tell they don't want to be there, and they have no idea how to deal with little ones. James is constantly crying when we go there.

I hope you have a better portrait session next time without Wal-Mart!

Hannah said...

Fantastic job with the Photoshop!!

the mystic said...

You can do that in Photoshop? Those pictures look great! Cute boys!

GClef1970 said...

Funnily enough, a woman shoved a flyer at me for Walmart photos today. She told me that if I made an appointment today, I could get a free 8x10. Uh, no thanks.
GREAT JOB on the photoshopping!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

YOU are simply GENIUS!

Anonymous said...

HI JENN,
Beautiful pics. You did a great job!
LYM

Lisa said...

GREAT JOB! Wow...it's amazing!

and I seriously cannot believe how much the boys look alike!!

Julie Q said...

You are very talented Jenn! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe you can contract out your Photoshop services to Wal-Mart! Har har har!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, instead of sub-contracting with Wallie-World, just stand outside with some fliers and a sign: "your buggered up 'Studio' shots fixed here!"

ninepounddictator said...

Man that's amazing! Really! They are really great.
In fact, you should send Walmart the before and after and send them an invoice for your time! (Even as a joke, I'd be curious to see how they would respond. Can you Please????)

Jenn said...

Thanks everyone.
Ninepounddictator - I think I'll just go to their complaint section on their website and paste my blog address - that way they can read it for themselves, and see the awesome results of their attempts at photography.
Also the comments may even get it through their thick skulls that I'm not just a one-off complainer - there are more people out there with valid complaints like mine who have probably been too traumatized to put it in writing.
I will take the time though - because i care that much about sticking it to them. and because I'm curious too.
If they send me a free portrait session, we can put it in an envelope with your spa sessions and donate it to charity.

saheldormparents said...

Beautiful job Jenn! Duncan looks so much like his uncle Daryl, I think and the one of Matthew grinning is just gorgeous! congratulations! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

They are great. I love the shot of you and the boys. TOOO CUTE!

K.C.'sMommy said...

Awesome!! I wish I knew how to do that! Mommy works her magic! Super fabulous job! Your kiddos are gorgeous!

Hannah said...

Jenn - email me!! I'm coming to Toronto in August!! I want to visit you!!
hannah dot blair at adis dot co dot nz

Thanks!!!

MamaTink said...

You are such a master at photo re-doing Jenn!! Those are SOOO Much better!!

~Lisa~