Sunday, October 21, 2007

Little Powder Donuts.

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Those sugar coated calorie bombs that you can just pop in your mouth - the ones that won't let you stop at just one - you gotta have 2 or 3 of them - those donuts.

I bought a package of those today.

I have bought them maybe 3 times in the last 10 years - including today - but for some reason, they were there in the store and looking all lonely and tasty, so they joined the mint oreos in my cart and made me a happy woman, and of course the 'best mom in the whole wide world' when I got home.

It is my kids first experience with little powder donuts. I thought it would be a good one.

Duncan ate his in 2.5 seconds. Whew - normal 6 yr old.
Matthew had to look at his. Smell it. Stick his tongue out and lick it first.

He took one little bite and handed it back to me. "This isn't so good mom" he said.
"What do you mean" I asked incredulously - I mean this is pure sugar; The 5th food group in the kids mind.
"It just feels blah on my tongue" he answered me.

For 5 yrs old, he's quite a descriptive little guy sometimes.

We have yet to find anything that he will eat consistently other than scrambled eggs. Everything else is hit and miss.
Packing a lunch for him is nearly impossible - I know it will come home uneaten.

He doesn't like little powder donuts.
Unbelievable.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give it time Jenn...

I was astounded when my daughter told me she didn't like Cheerios. What kind of person doesn't like Cheerios, for heavens sake!!!!!

This same child also refused to drink diet coke that accidentally came with the Happy Meal instead of orange juice. Now she asks me every day if she can have a pop (the usual answer is no).

For the record, she eats Cheerios every second day for breakfast (with waffles filling in the gaps :)

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Anonymous said...

Well, if a kid is going to refuse a food, why not one that's bad for him?! At least scrambled eggs are healthy and have lots of protein! You never know, perhaps he'll acquire a taste for something really unusual ... and convert his brothers!

family member said...

Wow! This kid is unbelievable! God bless him!
I love him!
Powdery donuts feel a little blah on my tongue too!
Why? No chocolate or peanuts on them!!!
LYM
Mom

KC's Blog said...

I love those little powdered donuts! K.C. is the same way as Matthew in he'll smell and lick things first. Unfortunately he'll eat non food stuff and lick everything. It's no wonder the kiddo get's sick alot.
Eggs are a good choice!

Anonymous said...

Jenn, welcome back to blog land. I've missed you.

Got to love those donuts. OK my kids love them too but won't always eat them. I too get the comments like "it's too sweet" and they love sugar. go figure.

The other me said...

Seth refuses to even touch a powdery doughnut because the very sight of them is repulsive to him! If fact he has never eaten cake of any kind of because ARE YOU MAD? These kis are bizarre aren't they? HAve you ever caught yourself trying REALLY hard to persuade them I stopped dead in the middle of an almost battle in the shop one day with me saying "I want you to just TRY some" and him saying " PLEASE don't make me.....PLEASE" The offered new treat? Chocolate cookies! He wanted carrots....what was I thinking?? ( actually we were just trying to get him to try something that had 2 tastes at once, 2 textures, he was having none of it!) I stopped when I saw a woman staring at me while trying to tell my kid he can NOT have carrote he MUST try chocolate covered digestives!

Lisa said...

Wow. Wish I had his staunch refusal for those little white sugary goodnesses. :D

His descriptions are so similar to something my 5 yo would say!