Thursday, November 01, 2007

post sugar induced haze

Ah the day after Halloween - we should be relaxing, right?
Oh no - it has begun - the monthlong post halloween sugar high.

Does it matter if you regulate the treats out, so that it lasts for 6 months - or should you just let them eat themselves into a near diabetic coma for a week and get back to regular eating habits ASAP. The debate continues.

Not in our house of course - we don't have a choice. I am not rushing out to buy locks to lock up the candy - too difficult, and makes it awkward for me to snitch a few chocolates for my mid morning mood lift when I have to grab a key or use one of those dang combination locks. Besides, I'm sure I'd forget the combination within 8 seconds - I have enough trouble trying to keep two schoolkids schedules (who has library today, where's your homework folder - what's this? Another fundraiser - ok, you both want pizza lunches, oh, we have a reading folder, oh and there's this - what's this - who's is this, what day is your show and tell. Oh you don't have show and tell, pardon me it's 'show and share' now - ok, well here what are you sharing - I could go on and on for about 3 pages because it really is that difficult for us parents now. When I went to school - we didn't get homework until I guess around Junior High, and I don't recall having the reams of paper and notices to parents that seem to fill up my kids backpacks. Heck, I didn't even have a backpack - I walked to school (at age 4 with my 6 yr old sister) alone - with the clothes on our back and nothing else (up hill over broken glass hahahahahaha)
But I digress.

I'm not locking up the candy - because quite frankly, I want open access to it for myself.
The kids can get up at 5:30 and eat to their hearts content - and by next week it will be all gone.

So, I basically just have to live with some hyper kids for a week - until all the good candy is gone - all those crappy candies will go straight into the trash bin. Tell me - who buys those crappy candy's - those orange and black wrappers or the handfuls of cheap little hard candies that don't even taste particularly good - what's the point of buying that stuff anyway?
kids don't like it - parents hate it. Even starving kids won't eat that.

Anyway - here's a few pics of the little sugar loving babes.

Darth Vader is 6

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

he's proud of his stash (all that in just 45 minutes folks! We had people drive into our neighbourhood to Trick or Treat.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And then there's Spiderman (age 5)
Spiderman came home early because he'd had enough. He spent the rest of the evening lining up his prized aero bars. (and look someone gave out full size aero's - he was in heaven)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and last but not least my ferocious 3 yr old tiger.
He didn't quite get the idea that people would give him candy. He stood on the porches and said "Happy Birthday" and told people "I am an animal". Sometimes he told them 5 or 6 times - just in case they forgot.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another year down.....
We went through 4 boxes of mini chocolate bars - well 3 actually, and one for us hahahahaha
That's hard work taking kids door to door you know.

I'm actually craving veg believe it or not! Maybe a nice big salad.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so cute!! They all look adorable, especially Joey-boy!

Looks like they got a pretty good stash of candy, too!

Lisa said...

I cannot beleive how big Darth Vader has gotten over the last year since I started reading your blog. Woo-wee...they are growing up fast!

Great shots of absolutely adorable kids!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

We're carrying on a long tradition of post-Halloween gorgeing... sadly it's the parents who do the gorgeing ;)

Julie Q said...

Great costumes Jenn. :) They all look really cute!

Zachary only got on stinking Milky Way bar. If I steal it, I am pretty sure he will notice. :) But I might do it anyway. ;)

The other me said...

OMG could that tiger boy be any cuter HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY! ( that is so funny!)Duncan is a bit gorgeous isn't he and Matthew? Give us an aero! Yum!

family member said...

Yes gorgeous pics as usual.
LYM,
Mom

KC's Blog said...

Beautiful pics, the boys are so adorable!!

the mystic said...

Cute! We use the same method as you -- eat to your heart's content until it's gone - or until it gets to be Sunday and Mom is sick of it all being here and it just magically disappears -- by then only the crap is left anyway!