Forgive me Bloggers, for I have not blogged.
It has been 67 days since my last blog.
I forgot my blogger password it had been so long. I'm awful.
I apologise.
Now back to business.
The summer was great - Far too long with 3 bored little boys, but September really is the most wonderful time of the year.
The boys are loving school - so I am loving school.
Matthew pretends to not want to go to school - but I know he loves it. He's a big SENIOR Kindergarten boy now.
Duncan started grade 1 and is thrilled to be going every day. Not as thriilled as I am - but still rather keen.
This leaves me with 1 kid at home every other day during the week, and it's glorious.
Joseph has blossomed in the past 6 weeks - going from single words to two word phrases and even the occassional 3-4 word sentence.
He has speech therapy every Wednesday from now through December, and additional OT for feeding and dressing.
His latest assessment we will get the report in approx 3-5 weeks to know if he's eligible for intensive ABA therapy and then we have the Hanan Speech program that will finish in February. I'm hoping it will make a huge difference by then. February is when we must register him for kindergarten - and at this point, I just can't see him being ready for school, despite the advances he's made over the summer. It's always one step forward two steps back it seems. His language and communication has progressed, but his stimming has become more evident as well.
Anyway - the kids are always saying funny things that I end up wishing I'd written down - so starting today - I'm writing them down here.
It's usually just a funny question or something they've misunderstood that ends up cracking me up.
Last Friday - I had a friend with free tickets to the ball game - so we went along with another friend, while the husbands looked after the kids (9 in total, ranging from 11 to 22mos)
The guys bless their souls, took these 9 children to McDonalds playland, THEN to Chuck E Cheese for dessert, THEN back to one of their houses to watch a movie (The Iron Giant).
The kids thought it was the greatest Friday night in the history of Friday nights, which are typically family fun nights anyway.
They are still talking about it daily.
So today Matthew wanted to watch a movie. His choice was "The Iron Big"
"What?" I asked him
"The Iron Big - Remember when we did McDonalds and Chuck E Cheese and then watched a movie it was the Iron Big"
"Oh, you mean the Iron Giant?"
"Yeah"
Giant = Big
Right?
It does in his mind. Never let context get in the way of his word comparisons. He is so literal it's funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So nice to see a post from you, Jenn! Glad to hear the boys are enjoying school, and that Joey is making such good progress. You must be one very proud Momma!
LOVE the little story and the way your boy's mind works - priceless!
My Dear Matthew! How precious!
But really now, what is stimming?
LYM,
Mom
Yay! you're blogging again :)
Chloe loves the "scary robot" movie. She's a tad too literal methinks ;)
Hugs
Julie
:) Good to "hear" from you again Jenn.
Glad to hear school is going well for the boys. Enjoy your time with Joey! :)
Post a Comment