Saturday, October 06, 2007

Happy Turkey weekend

It's thanksgiving weekend here.
That means turkey, and all the trimmings.

Duncan loves turkey - it's his favourite food. He can tell the difference between chicken and turkey and will turn up his nose at chicken, but gobble up the turkey (no pun intended - ok, it was sort of intended - you have to appreciate the pun on some level)
Now KFC we've discovered is chicken that he will eat. In fact he'll eat a lot of it. More than his share.
Yes, folks, either he's going through a growth spurt, or I need to start getting worried about feeding 3 boys when they get to be teenagers, because my little 43lb six yr old managed to eat 7 pieces of KFC in one day!!

He calls it a "stalk of chicken" and I don't know where that term came from, but he is delighted to find himself with easy access to a bucket of chicken in the fridge. Maybe because it's a novelty for him - this is the 2nd time in his life we've bought KFC.
The first time it didn't go over nearly as well - so Chris and I thought that by getting a bucket - we'd have lots of leftovers for a week. Enter the 6 yr old who has discovered how tasty it is. Col. Saunders, did you really put an addictive chemical in your chicken to make us crave it fortnightly? You'd think it was crack the way that boy devoured it.

By contrast - Matthew doesn't eat. At least nothing that requires chewing. Even then he's quite happy to nibble and then just drink. He would be more than content to get all his calories in liquid or oreo form. I do trick him into eating carrots by telling him that it will help him see better in the dark - but the last time we did that, he fully expected his eyes to glow in the dark and shoot lasers.
Makes you wonder just how his brain interprets things.


So happy weekend to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gobbling up the turkey, haha, that's brilliant!

And I have to say FAR OUT 7 pieces of KFC in one sitting???? You need to buy shares!!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I was showing some friends pics yesterday and they looked at one of Matthew and Duncan playing at the farm on Sarah's birthday and someone asked me who the boy sitting with Chloe was... Only it wasn't Chloe it was Matthew of course! I'm NOT crazy! They're twins.. twins I tell you! Thankfully she doesn't have light up eyes or laser vision either ;)

Julie Q said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Jenn.

Yummy Col. Chicken! I haven't had it forever!

I just have to say it is in the upper 80's here today. I'm glad our Thanksgiving is over a month away. :)