Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I hear we're getting snow.....

And to that I say NO!
Snow is great at Christmas time, and for a weeks worth of tobogganing while the kids are on holidays, and I can send them out to build a snowman, make snow angels or just make tracks.
After mid January, snow just becomes a nuisance.
The temperatures drop so cold that you can't even play comfortably in the snow, and we start longing for spring several months before it actually arrives.
You might think that all we do is complain about the weather - it's too hot, or it's too cold, but right now - this past week - it's been perfect (aside from today since it's raining and dull) BUT.....

Maybe there's a reason why Canadian thanksgiving is earlier - why it occurs in the most physically beautiful month of the year.
By November, it's grey and gloomy and we aren't really a very thankful lot, but this past weekend;

THIS is why Autumn is awesome here in Southern Ontario. Isn't it simply breathtaking? I passed this on the way to my parents for thanksgiving dinner, and I had to stop and take pictures - even though it made me a little bit late. totally worth it. And mom, the turkey was awesome too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

16 comments:

odat_kim said...

And here I though you used ravenbajan's pics at first. Nice pics though.
Kim

Anonymous said...

wow, that beautiful!

I don't know where in southern ontario you live, but I don't see anywhere looking like that around me! :)

Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Wow! And I thought Michigan was pretty.

kristin

The other me said...

Beautiful pictures.....the snow thing? ACK! I hate it, gald we don't get to much here.

mom of 2 said...

The pictures are beautiful...I love all of the fall colors!

Lisa said...

I have to agree...this is my FAVORITE time of year. Well, 3 days ago it was..today it's been blizzarding here in Michigan. The boys are having a hey-day though! :)

Anonymous said...

These are awesome pictures. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

yes, there was snow! well, none where I was, but... http://adventures-in-motherhood.com/article/fall-in-ontario

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Beautiful pics! Just gorgeous!
LYM

saheldormparents said...

Oh, Jenn your pics make me miss Ontario so much!! Happy belated Thanksgiving. It is usually snowing here in Indiana during November Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we did get a bit of snow yesterday!! Yikes it is COLD!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jenn,

Hope you don't mind if I join the fun. I remember you from BZ (Joey and Lily are in the same BDC); I was ray ray but haven't posted there forever. I found your blog through Helen.

Gorgeous pictures! All of them! And I'm rather looking forward to snow this year . We moved to Michigan from North Carolina in April, so we haven't experienced winter for 6 years! Our kids have never seen snow!

But-- I dread it getting too cold for the kids to play outside! As it is they play outside for hours! What am I going to do to entertain them?

Ravenbajan said...

Ack! Snow. Can you believe it? We had a mini-blizzard here around 6pm yesterday, and it stuck around on the ground until about 9:30 this morning. I couldn't believe it. (And I'm only an hour drive from you!).

Beautiful pics! I took some up at my in-laws too, but they are further up north and most of the brilliant reds have already finished there.

Julie Q said...

Just beautiful Jenn!

Oh and we saw the snow! Ugh!

Lora said...

Gorgeous pics Jenn. Glad that your Thanksgiving went really well. We don't have snow yet here in southcentral Alaska but they've got it in Chicago, NY, and Michigan. I wish that we got colors like that here, we only get yellow leaves here because we have so many birch trees. Anyhow, keep up the great work with the camera!

MamaTink said...

Wow. Those are Beautiful Jenn!!!

~Lisa~

Anonymous said...

Oh boy do I hear ya Jenn!