Monday, August 14, 2006

We interrupt this blog to send you pictures - really really cool pictures! That *I* took, on my new camera!

I wish I'd gotten my new Camera while Hannah was still visiting.

She came halfway around the world, and I don't have a single picture of us together! We had loads of fun though, I loved having her over and even though I know she's missing her boys something terrible, I hope that she has good memories of visiting Canada, seeing a baseball game, and swimming in Lake Ontario (it was a bit chilly at first, but we both went all the way in!)

Nevertheless, I have my new camera now - and am unleashing the hidden photographer in me ;)
I actually have a few friends who are professional photographers that have given me a few pointers and ideas for composition. The rest is up to my awesome new camera that totally and completely rocks!

I've gotten a few good pictures - this was the first one on my camera that I was TRULY a little proud of:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And yes there's a story behind it. Without divulging too much information, it was at about 12:30 at night when the light of the moon streaming through my bedroom window caught my attention. It was so bright - and the neighbours behind us who *usually* leave their porch lights burning brighter than a nighttime baseball field had forgotten - leaving me the opportunity to set up my tripod on the deck in the backyard, without being seen by the neighbours (except perhaps by moonlight). If they had looked out the window, I'm sure they would have thought I was performing some sort of pagan moon ritual, dancing naked on our deck, when really, I was just too anxious to capture THE moment before clouds rolled in, that I didn't bother getting dressed, and I was jumping for joy because I figured out the manual focus and actually got a few decent shots of a spectacular wonder - I mean I could see CRATERS!

The rest of the pictures sadly do not have such interesting tales behind them, but are a few pictures I managed to snap while walking (quickly) down the street in an effort to catch the fastest 2 yr old on the planet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And then of course the evil ice cream truck ambled down the street - right on time (dinner time) - but I relented and bought the boys ice cream - because hey, it was an opportunity to use my new camera, and I'm kind of "into" that right now.
(Have I mentioned how much I love my camera?)

Anyway, the boy is scrumptious, even with a mouth full of ice cream dribbling down his chin....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I

10 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

You ARE SOOOOOO hired for the girl's Christmas portraits this year! I mean SOOOOO hired!

Love them!!!!

Hugs

Julie

Anonymous said...

Those pictures came out beautifully. Its not just the camera but the person behind it! Great shots!

Hannah said...

Those are great pictures, Jenn!! Looks like you got an awesome camera there (and your photographic talent is obvious too). I've got one picture of you at the baseball game. I fully intended to ask Chris to take a picture of us together before I left, but clean forgot.
I've got a picture of Joey and one of Matthew. When I get home I will send them to you :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
WOW!!!! What can I say? I do have one talented daughter!!!
But how did you get your camera so quickly?
I thought you had to order it and wait 2 weeks to receive it.
LYM

mom of 2 said...

Awesome pictures!!! You are very talented!!!

Christina said...

Enter the moon picture in some sort of contest, it is awesome. I have never seen such a clear picture, I love how the right side is hidden in the shadows and the front is bright. Craters, how cool.

Ravenbajan said...

Stunning pictures! Just stunning. I LOVE the moon one! You should have that blown up and framed. It is so detailed!

saheldormparents said...

Okay when you come visit for Brutus' birth PLEASE bring your new camera!!!
I love the one of Matthew! And the bird and the flowers and the moon. Just think, If Chris had come up behind you you could have had a double moon!! Tee Hee!

the mystic said...

Wow! Great pictures!

Julie Q said...

Those are great Jenn!